Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they bring back smaller gloves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should they bring back smaller gloves??

I think so.
    Fights would be better.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

Nah, but they should bring back more fighters with balls. The balls to fight the best in their weight class and become lineal and/or undisputed champion. At least more American boxers willing to do so.
    Last edited by Anthony342; 02-28-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

off the back of another fighter dying after a fight i would say a definitive no!

Comment

Its dangerous more than enough with 8/10/12 oz gloves

Comment

Redirect the entire sport back to 1949, and let it stand that way, freeze it. They cannot bring back the admission prices of 1949, I realize that, but bring back everything else, including chalk boxes and the tradition of introducing fighters who are attending in the crowd. That would be one place you could still smoke.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a smoke while watching some boxing in an arena. However I wouldn't want to see fighters with anything less than 8 oz gloves. Especially since we have guys that are in the 240s and can hit harder than the average 200 lb fighter from back then.

Comment

I'm of the belief that heavier gloves cause MORE damage so yea lighter gloves should be the standard.

They do protect your hands better, but brains>hands so efff all that.

People don't understand that you aren't supposed to get hit in the head. That sh^t is bad for you. So getting hit more with a heavier (allegedly safer) glove is actually more dangerous than getting hit less with a lighter (allegedly more dangerous) glove. Both are doing damage with each punch is the problem most don't consider. Cuts on your face & getting your lights turned out looks worse, but a sustained attack that lasts for 36 minutes that might even allow you to recovery a bit from being more seriously hurt is where the real danger starts to come into play too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Nah, but they should bring back more fighters with balls. The balls to fight the best in their weight class and become lineal and/or undisputed champion. At least more American boxers willing to do so.
                LOL I was just about to post this. Stop molly codling American fighters. Also bring back real boxing fans.

In terms of smaller gloves, they would lead to more kos and thus, hopefully, less injuries as sustained punishment seems to be the biggest issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Hahaha!
                  Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                    off the back of another fighter dying after a fight i would say a definitive no!
                    Small gloves don't kill people moron.....

Comment

Working...
                    X