Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights That Went Completely The Other Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree on Winky-Tito, another is Terry Norris-Simon Brown 1, it was supposed to be Norris knocking Brown out like he did to Blocker and Taylor.

Toney-Holyfield, I was convince the real deal even at 41 will be too much on James. I was shock at how Toney was able to beat the 4-time former heavyweight champion with ease.

Comment

Bobby Czyz vs Andrew Maynard. Was ringside
      For this beatdown. So much for Czyz being a stepping stone
      Fight for the former Olympic star Maynard

Comment

Davey Moore-Roberto Duran
        Saad Muhammad-Braxton I.
        Page-Berbick.

Comment

Off the cuff & in no particular order whatsoever., Corbett Sullivan, Dempsey Willard, Saddler Pep I, Williams Jack II, Graziano Zale II, Fullmer Robinson I, Pender Robinson I & II, Maxim Robinson, Schmelling Louis, Siki Carpentier, LaMotta Cerdan, Mills Lesnevich, Griffith Tiger, Backus Napoles I, Stracey Napoles, Spinks Ali, Spinks Holmes I & II, Toney Holyfield, Fury Klitschko

Oh and of course, Barkley Hearns I & II
          Last edited by mickey malone; 02-10-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah, other than Tyson-Douglas, Fury-Klitschko is the only other one I can think of, maybe Bowe-Holyfield 3 as well.

Comment

Basilio vs Robinson 1, the Reining welterweight champ bumps up to challenge the middleweight champ and wins!! And that's that

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
                Basilio vs Robinson 1, the Reining welterweight champ bumps up to challenge the middleweight champ and wins!! And that's that
                I wasn't around then, but was was Basilio the favorite going in?

Comment

I believe Robinson was the favorite. There is the all time great interview with Howard Cosell after the weigh in before there second fight , his left arm around Carmens shoulder & cigarette burning in hand and Cosell says " carmen I've interviewed 10 sports writers for this fight and 9 of them have picked Robinson , what to you have to say to that ". Basilio says 9 of them are wrong. Typical Carmen.

Comment

I thought Michael Carbajal would wreck Chiquita Gonzalez in their rematch. Definitely didn't happen. Not a wash by Gonzalez but a clear win, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X