Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not even convinced there was a fight between Pac and Mayweather. I saw it, but no one has convinced me it was a fight. It was exhibition match level, that's all.

Here is the fact: Mayweather's highlight reel will suck compared to other ATG's. No punch is what he had. That removes a lot of luster right there.

He did beat Pacquiao easily, though. As usual, instead of beating his man to pieces and putting on a good show, all he did was win by the minimum margin necessary. That seems to have been his great trick. His usual mode of operation was to nearly completely shut the other guy's offense down, and then hit him as little as necessary to still win. Not too entertaining.

Historians are going to scratch their heads trying to figure out how MW sold all those PPV's. Then they will remember millions of thugs with their baseball caps on back'ards who can barely read and write, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      We know this is not a discussion or debate. Rocky sux! Rocky balboa is better in the movie....lol....he don't deserve to be in the same sentence as Floyd.
      Send a note to the moderator asking them to ban all Marciano Mayweather posts....... They need a good laugh. Oops! I mentioned both guys. Didn't mean to rile up your delicate sensibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Holyfield
        The entire editorial staff at Boxing News 24
        Post fight analysis by Spanish TV coverage had a panel of experts. All had Pacquiao winning as the proper result but some said a draw would be acceptable. There were about 7 guys in the panel if memory serves.
        The entire editoral staff at Boxing news 24? Are you sure?

A panel of 7 experts had Pacquaio winning? And who are they what are their names?

Grasping straws here I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          The entire editoral staff at Boxing news 24? Are you sure?

A panel of 7 experts had Pacquaio winning? And who are they what are their names?

Grasping straws here I think.
          Check them out. Just google Spanish TV Mayweather Pacquiao
          and the same for Boxing News 24 if your really interested. I watched the fight at a local restaurant and I was very surprised at the decision. All the things that are brought up, PAC making Mayweather miss, May getting credit for punches he didn't land, PAC not getting credit for punches he did land and Floyd's excessive back pedling I noticed during the fight. I mentioned them to my brother. I thought the announcers were on drugs they were so out of it.

Comment

Check them out. Just google Spanish TV Mayweather Pacquiao
            and the same for Boxing News 24 if your really interested. I watched the fight at a local restaurant and I was very surprised at the decision. All the things that are brought up, PAC making Mayweather miss, May getting credit for punches he didn't land, PAC not getting credit for punches he did land and Floyd's excessive back pedling I noticed during the fight. I mentioned them to my brother. I thought the announcers were on drugs they were so out of it.
            I typed in Boxing News 24 Mayweather Pacquaio decison in google and nothing came up. Do you have a source for the WHOLE of the editoral staff having Pacquao winning as I find that extremely hard to believe.

A spanish TV station had Pacquaio winning. Ok but who are they?

The fact of the matter is 99% of the media on press row had Mayweather winning and 0% had Pacquaio winning. I can not name 5 boxing people who had Pacquaio winning yet I can reel off name after name who had Mayweather winning becsuse almost everyone had Mayweather winning because he clearly won the fight.

You say "the announcers" but the overwhelming consensus agree with the announcers so perhaps it's yourself that sounds like you are on drugs.

Comment

I typed in Boxing News 24 Mayweather Pacquaio decison in google and nothing came up. Do you have a source for the WHOLE of the editoral staff having Pacquao winning as I find that extremely hard to believe.

A spanish TV station had Pacquaio winning. Ok but who are they?

The fact of the matter is 99% of the media on press row had Mayweather winning and 0% had Pacquaio winning. I can not name 5 boxing people who had Pacquaio winning yet I can reel off name after name who had Mayweather winning becsuse almost everyone had Mayweather winning because he clearly won the fight.

You say "the announcers" but the overwhelming consensus agree with the announcers so perhaps it's yourself that sounds like you are on drugs.
              Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not on drugs. I googled and found the results in a couple of minutes. I'm in the minority for sure but Mayweather lost that fight. If 99 percent thought he won there had to be someone that thought he lost. Seems logical to me..

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjH5iLPsPas

https://www.inquisitr.com/2082872/ne...anny-pacquiao/

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not on drugs. I googled and found the results in a couple of minutes. I'm in the minority for sure but Mayweather lost that fight. If 99 percent thought he won there had to be someone that thought he lost. Seems logical to me..
                  No there doesn't because the 1% who didn't think Mayweather won had it a draw and those cards recieved ridicule.

And you are in the extreme minority not just the minority.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-29-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Don't see any where where is states "the whole editorial team"

How many people were there and who exactly are they? There are no names or numbers in this article.

Why don't you just list me 5-10 people you consider a boxing expert or even just involved in boxing like a boxer or a pundit or whatever that had Pacquaio winning.

Holyfield is 1, who's next?

Comment

No there doesn't because the 1% who didn't think Mayweather won had it a draw and those cards recieved ridicule.

And you are in the extreme minority not just the minority.
                      That's oK it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Working...
                      X