No announcement yet.

Most world titles held simultaneously

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most world titles held simultaneously

Does Mayweather hold the record with 5? After beating Pacquiao he held the WBA WBC WBO at 147 and the WBA WBC at 154.

This is excluding minor titles so for example RJJ holding 3 major titles and 3 minor titles at 175 doesn't cut it.

Are you jerking off to Floyd tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Does Mayweather hold the record with 5? After beating Pacquiao he held the WBA WBC WBO at 147 and the WBA WBC at 154.

This is excluding minor titles so for example RJJ holding 3 major titles and 3 minor titles at 175 doesn't cut it.
      That may very well be the case, but that's not saying much because when he beat Pacquiao in 2015, he had not made a defense at 154 since 2013 with Canelo. And then never fought at 154 again until the McGregor fight in 2017, but when active he was never even close to being stripped.

Comment

He never actually had the WBO title after beating Pacquiao because he didn't pay the sanctioning fee. He had the opportunity to be the champ though

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          He never actually had the WBO title after beating Pacquiao because he didn't pay the sanctioning fee. He had the opportunity to be the champ though
          He was the WBO champ http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...erweight-title

Comment

Roy Jones had 6 trinkets simultaneously at lhw.

Comment

Charlie Zelenoff. 7 or more titles.

I thought it was Tony or Rjj?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I stand corrected. i thought they refused to recognize him cause he didn't pay the sanctioning fee

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Roy Jones had 6 trinkets simultaneously at lhw.
                  Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Charlie Zelenoff. 7 or more titles.

I thought it was Tony or Rjj?
                  Major world titles only.

Comment

Henry Armstrong holding 3 of the then 8 major titles takes a huge dump on any of these other guys with their little trinkets.

Comment

Working...
                    X