Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think some knockdowns in history had been staged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
    Juan Manuel Marquez VS Likar Ramos is seemingly considered
    a dive by anybody who saw it.
    this was this year but since it was very obvious thought i mention the ghost guerrerob 5 k. D against figueroa first guerrero goes off like showing the people whonactually know boxing look how easily i can rough up and land on this guy b4 i get whiplash with a in the trenches arm punch upper cut from a much shorter man without me ch leverage or torque it made figueroa look like julian jackson vs amir kahn all thos knockdowns looked like a wwe wrestler when trying to sell getting punched too much special effects on those punches received figueroa a lightweight was at and outta shape funny next day he retired and thanked everyone from his 3rd grade p. e teacher to haymon take one for the gipper i guess.

Comment

my take on ali/liston 2 was that it was a flash knockdown and as he was down liston thought a combination of "theres no way i can beat this guy" and "this guy is ****ing nuts, i don't need this" and didn't want to fight anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Uppercuts View Post
        my take on ali/liston 2 was that it was a flash knockdown and as he was down liston thought a combination of "theres no way i can beat this guy" and "this guy is ****ing nuts, i don't need this" and didn't want to fight anymore
        I've always felt the same way about it.

Except one thing everyone always overlooks is that Liston didn't even quit, he actually got back up, continued fighting and it was the ref's screw-ups that lead to the eventual late stoppage.

It really was bizarre though. Liston definitely 'sold' the knockdown once he was down, no question. But he was unable to decide if he was gonna dive or fight on. In the end he was gonna continue.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          I've always felt the same way about it.

Except one thing everyone always overlooks is that Liston didn't even quit, he actually got back up, continued fighting and it was the ref's screw-ups that lead to the eventual late stoppage.

It really was bizarre though. Liston definitely 'sold' the knockdown once he was down, no question. But he was unable to decide if he was gonna dive or fight on. In the end he was gonna continue.
          yep it was odd to say the least, we'll never know what really went down

Comment

Originally posted by Uppercuts View Post
            Don't forget also the "mob guys I know bet on a first round knockout" was part of it too.

Comment

I bet Joe Louis was involved in fixed fights.
              He seems like the type...

Comment

Were some knockdowns staged? I think Raul Julia can answer that one for all of us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

Comment

Working...
                X