Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali or Lewis: better resume of power punchers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali or Lewis: better resume of power punchers?

I was debating another user in NSB who insists that Lewis fought 'significantly' more amount of punchers than Ali.

Ali:
    Foreman, Shavers, Frazier 3x, Liston 2x, Lyle, Patterson 2x and also Williams, Cooper, Quarry.

Lewis:
    Tyson, Tua, Morrison, Ruddock, Bruno, Briggs, Mercer, Rahman 2x, McCall 2x and maybe Holyfield and Klitschko.

So that's 13 vs 13 fights against punchers. It is important to remember the differences in era's here as in weighing more doesn't necessarily mean you hit harder.
    Ali
    68.57%
    Lewis
    31.43%
    Last edited by BKM-; 08-21-2016, 09:56 AM.

It's close, but if just going by power punchers I gotta go with lennox.

Comment

You forgot about Quarry, Foster, and Norton

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        You forgot about Quarry, Foster, and Norton
        Quarry you're probably right about though his KO % is low. Foster's a LHW and Norton?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          Quarry you're probably right about though his KO % is low. Foster's a LHW and Norton?
          yeah I don't know what I was thinking with Foster and Norton my bad lol.

Comment

If you're considering Patterson, Cooper and Chuvalo then might as well include Golota, Mason and Mavrovic for Lewis.

Comment

Lewis has a great puncher resume but gave the edge to Ali because he fought two of the hardest punchers of all time and three of the top 15 in history.

Comment

Do you have a tie button. I personally would have limited it to the 10 best as some people such my fellow Canadian George chavalo did not hit as hard as his ko percentage indicates. Holmes for example was a far more dangerous fighter.
                I think I will give the edge in power to Lennox's opponents Slightly although Ali in his prime may not have been stopped as much as Lewis was.

Comment

"although Ali in his prime may not have been stopped as much as Lewis was".

Ali was never stopped, the Holmes bout was a RTD corner stopped the bout which is a tko to me but not officially.

Ali fought 548 rounds to Lennox fighting 225 rds not much comparison there.

Foreman, Shavers, Frazier 3x, Liston 2x, Lyle pretty much trumps anything Lennox has to offer.

To me Shavers, Foreman, Liston and Lyle were great punchers and hit as hard and harder than anyone Lewis fought.
                  Ray

Comment

This is a tough thing to debate. Lewis' list may hit harder overall, but I don't think they have the same ability to deliver as the guys overall on Ali's list.

Comment

Working...
                    X