No announcement yet.

Young Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    The new security system here stinks. I can't even get a post through.
    The security system logs every draft of every post and because you had included words like transsexuals, transgenders etc. it was insta-deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      He had his flaws, like lack of good jab and not great defence in punching range(not good at parrying, blocking or slipping punches, imo), but also some exceptional qualities that made him a nightmare for fighters who could not outbox him. Not many swarmers or sluggers could beat him at 135-140. So big strong, quick, great body puncher and iron chin and heart..
      He also probably skipped what could've been his best weight class in junior welterweight... also spend too much time in 154 division where he never belonged.
      Great fighter nonetheless.
      I think his jab at early stages of his career was good.

Comment

Ironic but when Mosley was a young light weight, many of his fights weren't telecast. I have come across some of them over the years but for a young star with a good amateur background he wasn't exposed much.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The security system logs every draft of every post and because you had included words like transsexuals, transgenders etc. it was insta-deleted.
          This censorship might be a reasonable thing to question very seriously, young man. I see no real reason for it. If adult people want to call each other legal names, I think they have that right. If you eliminate the colorful talk from a public site like this one, it becomes much less interesting and entertaining to read the posts, woe to you.

This political correctness will not work out for you. I promise.

Because I have apparently been flagged by your system, it takes actual minutes for individual letters I type to be pre-screened and allowed onto my screen. I have an old system, but I think this is you guys. Your censorship machine is filtering hunders of posters simultaneously, I guess, anyone who has been flagged. This means others must be having the same problem. How many will stand for it, do you think? Not many, I believe. I know that I cannot. I think it is safe to say sayonara, if this does not cease and I can verify it is your apparatus that is causing it. A man could not live with it.
          Last edited by The Old LefHook; 06-29-2016, 02:52 AM.

Comment

A man cannot even brag on his tr*nsg*nders anymore, let alone his transs*xuals.

Comment

A man cannot even brag on his tr*nsg*nders anymore, let alone his transs*xuals.
              You and Ray Corso will find a way around that, I'm sure.

Comment

It was Corso, Billy, myself and a few others who kept this section alive and rational. Look at the state it is in now. No one posts a new thread for days on end, and if they do it gets no action. Transients from the NSB pages haunt you now. Whether one agreed or disagreed, there was always a lively discussion around any worthy subject.

After a few years of preaching the analytic approach of reason, the reasonable ones tire out, while ogres and trolls never tire of their fun. Because Corso seems to have retired and Billy seems to have died, there is nothing to do but wait for more reason and actual knowledge to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  I was watching a lot of young Shane Mosley fights, he looks to me like a complete fighter, power, speed, combinations, chin, footwork, reflexes, he will always have troubles with technicians, but still a hell of a fighter, i believe that in his prime he would have done better in some of his losses.
                  in his prime he would have stopped Mayweather. Shane was awesome in his heyday and a complete shell of his former self in recent years.

Comment

It was Corso, Billy, myself and a few others who kept this section alive and rational. Look at the state it is in now. No one posts a new thread for days on end, and if they do it gets no action. Transients from the NSB pages haunt you now. Whether one agreed or disagreed, there was always a lively discussion around any worthy subject.

After a few years of preaching the analytic approach of reason, the reasonable ones tire out, while ogres and trolls never tire of their fun. Because Corso seems to have retired and Billy seems to have died, there is nothing to do but wait for more reason and actual knowledge to show up.
                    I was only trying to rib you a little. I enjoy both you and Ray Corso's posts even when I don't agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      in his prime he would have stopped Mayweather. Shane was awesome in his heyday and a complete shell of his former self in recent years.
                      It's hard to me to say that a fighter who hasn't ever been stopped would have been stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X