Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: 'Ali was very overrated' (video)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Best resume of any heavyweight in history.

Ali is the goat. Or close to it.
    He lost to Ken Norton 3 times and Frazier 2 times (2nd fight was a joke, ref let ali get away with excessive holding and other garbage), Foreman was beating his ass before he gassed out, Shavers cracked him in the head hard.

Clay was not the goat.

He is the moat, most overrated of all time. Not the goat, Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, George Foreman, Joe Frazier Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Klitschko, and other heavies are greater than Clay.

Comment

I completely agree. In fact, Ali was a scared chump. If Arreola or Klitschko were in his era, Ali would have went to Vietnam to avoid them. Butterbean would have knocked him out cold with a jab. Marciano would have retired him while he was still Cassius Clay. Tye Fields would have boxed his ears off.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        He lost to Ken Norton 3 times and Frazier 2 times (2nd fight was a joke, ref let ali get away with excessive holding and other garbage), Foreman was beating his ass before he gassed out, Shavers cracked him in the head hard.

Clay was not the goat.

He is the moat, most overrated of all time. Not the goat, Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, George Foreman, Joe Frazier Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Klitschko, and other heavies are greater than Clay.
        Boxing is not your sport.

May I suggest rhythmic gymnastics or figure skating, phaggot.

Comment

Oh no he had tough fights with Ken Norton and Joe frazier!

Can't be good.

Beating liston, foreman, patterson, etc. means nothing then.

Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
            I agree 100% with Holmes. George Foreman is the ATG Heavyweight. Frazier is also better than Ali. I'd go further than Holmes.......... not only is Ali overrated and not only is he the most overrated athlete ever, but he's also the most overrated human in history.
            Yes.

Clay was the devil, he used his looks and charisma to promote his racist views and other idiot ideologies. People who are narcissistic, charismatic, and influential, and tell the masses to be racist are the devil.

People treat Ali with kid gloves because he was good at speaking. A charismatic bully is still a bully. Now he's boxing Lucifer.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Nice timing. Most of the world is still mourning Ali and you can't wait to trash him. Ali was far from perfect but nobody else is perfect either. Ali was great without a doubt and bravely stood up for what he believed. The young Ali was probably better than any version of Holmes although Holmes was also a great fighter. I don't think anyone who picks Chris to beat Wilder is very knowledgeable on boxing but we will see how that fight goes.
            Doesn't matter. Clay was conniving; he backstabbed Joe Frazier. It's well documented but people sweep it under the rug because Ali is such a great boxer and human being! Bull****. He was an overrated loud moron who wasn't great enough to not get his brains turned into mashed potatoes before retirement. He was forced to retire because he was brain damaged lol. God punishes people who think they are a god. The Man Upstairs gave Clay Parkinson's as punishment for being a false god. He sent His angels Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes to shut his big yapper. God bless Holmes and Frazier. May Frazier rest in peace.
            Last edited by punchr; 06-23-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I completely agree. In fact, Ali was a scared chump. If Arreola or Klitschko were in his era, Ali would have went to Vietnam to avoid them. Butterbean would have knocked him out cold with a jab. Marciano would have retired him while he was still Cassius Clay. Tye Fields would have boxed his ears off.
              Clay was a imbecile. He backstabbed Joe Frazier after Smokin' helped that idiot get his boxing licence after he was revoked for cowardice veiled as standing up for a cause. Total utter bull shit. Clay was just a puppet for the racist organization Nation of Islam. NOI was using Clay but Clay was too stupid and narcissistic to realize it.

Boxing is not your sport.

May I suggest rhythmic gymnastics or figure skating, phaggot.
              Is plowing your mom, sisters, and aunts a sport? I'm the goat at that.

Oh no he had tough fights with Ken Norton and Joe frazier!

Can't be good.

Beating liston, foreman, patterson, etc. means nothing then.

Clown.
              Clay's corner has to force him not to quit. He wanted to quit like the coward he always was. Also Foreman beat himself that night in Zaire. He gassed and fell from fatigue more than Clay's weak pillow punches. In a rematch he would've revised his strategy and flattened Clay in 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post

Clay was not the goat.

Foreman wasn't beating no ones ass.

You have clearly not watched that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I always laugh when I see someone say that

Comment

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Grossly overrated but still very good fighter.

Mainstream "meme" status complicates all attempts to rate him because so many of the participants will experience strong emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I always laugh when I see someone say that
                      He was.

Comment

Working...
                      X