No announcement yet.

Did Anyone Miss No One Important?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anyone Miss No One Important?

Did everyone really miss someone significant in their career while they were still prime?

Robinson missed Burley.

Dempsey missed Wills

Leonard missed Pryor

Lewis missed Bowe

Tyson missed Tua

Marciano missed Patterson

Does this list end with any champion who did not miss someone significant while they were still a threat?

Muhammad Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Muhammad Ali?
      In fact, he kept fighting the toughest guys over and over, as if he could never get enough of the brutal ways of Frazier and Norton. He not only fought them all, he fought them in timely fashion.

Foreman denied the great one another classic trilogy for the ages when he fell apart like an old woman, and could not collect himself for a rematch, let alone get himself into shape to win it, a necessary condition for a rubber match.

Comment

Marciano retired in '55, in 1955 Paterson was just entering the Heavyweight division from Lightheavy.
        If you think Cus was going to match Floyd with The Rock your delusional!

Ray

Comment

Lewis didn't miss Bowe, "Fat Daddy", er "Big Daddy" ran for the hills after he tossed the WBC belt into the trashcan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Marciano retired in '55, in 1955 Paterson was just entering the Heavyweight division from Lightheavy.
            If you think Cus was going to match Floyd with The Rock your delusional!

Ray
            Besides Patterson it can be argued that Rocky also missed Nino Valdes and Bob Baker.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-14-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Oscar and chavez

Pernell missed Camacho

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Lewis didn't miss Bowe, "Fat Daddy", er "Big Daddy" ran for the hills after he tossed the WBC belt into the trashcan.
                Regardless of reason, we never got the fight. I believe that was the point of the thread.

Comment

Besides Patterson it can be argued that Rocky also missed Nino Valdes and Bob Baker.

I can see Baker but not Valdes, Valdes would be in to deep against Marciano.
                  Ray

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Regardless of reason, we never got the fight. I believe that was the point of the thread.
                    I know, I just wanted to point out the cowardice of Bowe.

Comment

Working...
                    X