Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knockout King Young Stribling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I have I never heard of this guy? Hes is absolutly amazing, 285 fights in 12 years with only 12 loses, are you kidding me?

Just by chance he should have lost more.

Good K coming your way!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to darrenshyrockford again.

Ill get you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
      Why I have I never heard of this guy? Hes is absolutly amazing, 285 fights in 12 years with only 12 loses, are you kidding me?

Just by chance he should have lost more.

Good K coming your way!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to darrenshyrockford again.

Ill get you later.
      well here i just found this on him ...."Though he never held a championship title during his career in the 1920s and 1930s, Bro. William L. Stribling, 32°, defeated champions and elevated the sport of boxing in America.

At the time of his death at age 28 in 1933, few athletes were more universally loved and admired than Bro. William Lawrence Stribling, Jr., 32°, Valley of Macon, Georgia. Known during his 12-year professional boxing career as "Young" Stribling to distinguish him from "Pa" Stribling, his father and manager, the young man embodied clean living and good sportsmanship. To this day, he still serves as a role model for all athletes.

"Strib" fought a total of 286 recorded bouts, losing only 12. He was knocked out only once, and it was a technical KO during the final round with Germany's Max Schmeling in 1931. He set records, too, including most fights by a heavyweight, most fights by a heavyweight in a single year (he fought 55), most knockouts by a heavyweight (127), and fewest times knocked out. Champion boxer Jim Corbett called him "the best heavyweight fighter for his pounds that ever lived."http://www.srmason-sj.org/council/jo...00/bryant.html

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
        No problem, Kid...I'm in the midst of heading out the door for a little while, but give me an hour or two and I'll shoot you a PM with that clip included in it.
        Hey, me too por favor. A single clip ain't good enough to evaluate a whole career, but a single clip of Young Stripling is a rare thing to be savored nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules
          Hey, me too por favor. A single clip ain't good enough to evaluate a whole career, but a single clip of Young Stripling is a rare thing to be savored nonetheless.
          LRR, I'm just waiting for the link to be sent to my e-mail address and have been for a little while yet. If it takes too much longer I'll simply upload the clip again (it's a small clip, so...) and pass it along to you via PM.

Comment

LRR, I'm just waiting for the link to be sent to my e-mail address and have been for a little while yet. If it takes too much longer I'll simply upload the clip again (it's a small clip, so...) and pass it along to you via PM.
            if it is good Q i would love to see it also

Comment

Originally posted by darrenshyrockford
              if it is good Q i would love to see it also
              The video is sped up quite a bit, Darrren, but if you want to see it I can absolutely pass it along to you.

Comment

The video is sped up quite a bit, Darrren, but if you want to see it I can absolutely pass it along to you.
                ok sure id love to check it out

Comment

LRR, your PM option is disabled, and Darren, your PM box is full, so I'm just going to put the link here with hopes that you two get it;

http://download.yousendit.com/1F9E921F40CA734F

Comment

LRR, your PM option is disabled, and Darren, your PM box is full, so I'm just going to put the link here with hopes that you two get it;

http://download.yousendit.com/1F9E921F40CA734F
                    lol duh i was wondering what was taking people so long to get back to me ...all fixed now...thanks

Comment

great shot by Max, Strib was out.thanks again yogi

Comment

Working...
                      X