No announcement yet.

Holmes vs Lewis resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmes vs Lewis resume

So let's assume Larry Holmes from the Shavers I fight takes on Razor Ruddock and goes through Lewis resume in the same manner. How far does he get?

IMO he beats everyone pretty comfortably up to Golota. Golota would be a real test for Larry. 6'4'' and 240 pounds, the most fluid super-heavy ever, excellent jab and footwork, good upper-body movement, fine combination puncher. Golota was a world class talent who lacked the grit and mental integrity to cut it at the top level but in Holmes he'd be facing a fighter unlike the many punchers he often came up short against. I think Holmes who was dangerous under pressure, in the late rounds, and always fired back could overwhelm Golota late but this is definitely a stern test.

The next challenge is Holyfield. This would be the Spinks version of Holmes and IMO Holyfield aged a lot better than Holmes. 50-50 affair here.

If he doesn't lose to Golota/Holyfield, he probably doesn't lose until Vitali takes care of him. Maybe Tyson who still started fast as hell while Holmes didn't have his legs anymore.

So to sum it up, I think Larry would have a good time in the 90s. When you look at his career, it was the boxers like Williams, or pressure fighters like Norton and Weaver that troubled him the most. Larry excelled against limited sluggers like Tua, Rahman, Ruddock, Briggs, Mercer etc..

Originally posted by Pugilist_Spec View Post
    So let's assume Larry Holmes from the Shavers I fight takes on Razor Ruddock and goes through Lewis resume in the same manner. How far does he get?

IMO he beats everyone pretty comfortably up to Golota. Golota would be a real test for Larry. 6'4'' and 240 pounds, the most fluid super-heavy ever, excellent jab and footwork, good upper-body movement, fine combination puncher. Golota was a world class talent who lacked the grit and mental integrity to cut it at the top level but in Holmes he'd be facing a fighter unlike the many punchers he often came up short against. I think Holmes who was dangerous under pressure, in the late rounds, and always fired back could overwhelm Golota late but this is definitely a stern test.

The next challenge is Holyfield. This would be the Spinks version of Holmes and IMO Holyfield aged a lot better than Holmes. 50-50 affair here.

If he doesn't lose to Golota/Holyfield, he probably doesn't lose until Vitali takes care of him. Maybe Tyson who still started fast as hell while Holmes didn't have his legs anymore.

So to sum it up, I think Larry would have a good time in the 90s. When you look at his career, it was the boxers like Williams, or pressure fighters like Norton and Weaver that troubled him the most. Larry excelled against limited sluggers like Tua, Rahman, Ruddock, Briggs, Mercer etc..
    I think you are fixating on Golota. When did Andrew Golota ever deal with a fighter who had a jab like Holmes? Holmes lateral movement was such that there is no reason to suspect Golota would pose a threat to him. Holmes was old against Tyson and even this version would beat up Golota.

Regarding Hollyfield that is another matter all together. This would be a great fight anytime both men had their legs. Holly is the consumate pressure guy and would very likely be Holme's Joe Frazier! But Holy was always susceptable to a good boxer. Toney, Moore, etc. Holmes was a good boxer.

Comment

Holmes is a top ten all time heavy!
      Golota and Vitali are NOT! Golota quits against Holmes and Vitali gets cut to ribbons.
      Holmes 6'3" 210-220 not exactly small and with one of the best jabs ever!
      Works in combination and in his prime could pressure and use lateral movement. Golota did have talent but he was a fragile guy mentally.
      Vitali fought no one through his career and was a tough guy granted but not a top tier talent. He would be exposed against great heavies!

Ray

Comment

I've always thought Holmes is one of the best guys to beat giant guys like the Klitschos or Lennox Lewis. He's big enough to make his excellent skills do the work on those guys. Great movement and smarts, about as good of a jab as any HW has ever had. Prime Holmes smokes the best versions of any of those guys by UD and possibly late stoppage.

Comment

Of all the fighters...this guy thinks Golota would be the most difficult test?

I smell something fishy. Is this Elroy 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Golota never beat a top 10 heavyweight in his entire career. Holmes would methodically and completely break him down.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Ive been getting those fumes as well...Closeau is that you? hahahahah there is only hahahahah one man who would screw up and pull the wrong tooth...hahahahah its closeau hahahahhaha get him hahahahhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOcFJHUnuo

theres only one man who would call Golota hahahahha a threat hahahahah to a great heavyweight hahahahahhaha get him! hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Ive been getting those fumes as well...Closeau is that you? hahahahah there is only hahahahah one man who would screw up and pull the wrong tooth...hahahahah its closeau hahahahhaha get him hahahahhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOcFJHUnuo

theres only one man who would call Golota hahahahha a threat hahahahah to a great heavyweight hahahahahhaha get him! hahahah
                Lewis has by far the better resume imo, he beat nearly every dangerous man of his era including Bowe, he quit without being succeeded like Larry was via Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  Lewis has by far the better resume imo, he beat nearly every dangerous man of his era including Bowe, he quit without being succeeded like Larry was via Tyson.
                  hahahaha he never fought Bowe little Alex hahahhhhaa, not profesionally hahahhahahhaha.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    hahahaha he never fought Bowe little Alex hahahhhhaa, not profesionally hahahhahahhaha.
                    He fought and beat, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield, Morrison, Tua, Bruno, Ruddock, and many others, he cleared the division of danger and talent.

Bowe ducked Lewis for good reason, he knew what would have happened based on their earlier fight

So I know you are gonna argue just know that im not gonna fight back because its a game

Comment

Working...
                    X