Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilfred Benitez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found this pic of him, he seems to look better than i remembered. good for him. tito still looks like a ***n killer.

Comment

Here's a better one ..

says that he linked up with memo heredia in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        nope may have been the opposite benitez married leonards sister
        Yeah, I think you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Just found out he worked out at Gleasons Gym in Brooklyn.
          Well there is a lot of info on Gleason's gym B! Ask some of the old timers for a connection, and you can probably find out a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            nah, it was benitez who was digging in SRL's sisters guts. no one married, they just dated.
            Jack hammering those guts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              It is always my opinion the Leonard fight should not have been stopped. Leonard would have won a close decision, as it should have been.

It is amazing that the of the best boxers in history at avoiding being punched in the head, is a mess, and guys like Basilio and LaMattoa who seemed to specialize in taking them, have minds as clear as a bell in advanced age.

I did not know he had more brutal wars in the gym than most fighters. That could certainly be germane. I assume the man is punch drunk.
              The stoppage in the Leonard-Benitez fight was ridiculous. There was no reason Benitez couldn't have gone the distance without taking any unusual risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                The stoppage in the Leonard-Benitez fight was ridiculous. There was no reason Benitez couldn't have gone the distance without taking any unusual risks.
                Why, his forehead was bleeding, Scotty. How was he supposed to make it another few seconds? Great stoppage. That cut could could have opened backwards all the way to his as*hole in the remaining seconds.

Who was that ham & egger referee? Someone please print his name so we can slam him postumously, or whatever, for one of the worst actions ever in an important fight. He will not take the winner's cake, but at least he is in the ATG screwups category where he belongs. I can almost see him... was it Frank...something or other?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Why, his forehead was bleeding, Scotty. How was he supposed to make it another few seconds? Great stoppage. That cut could could have opened backwards all the way to his as*hole in the remaining seconds.

Who was that ham & egger referee? Someone please print his name so we can slam him postumously, or whatever, for one of the worst actions ever in an important fight. He will not take the winner's cake, but at least he is in the ATG screwups category where he belongs. I can almost see him... was it Frank...something or other?
                  That referee was Carlos Padilla, who is probably best known for Ali-Frazier III.

Comment

Wilfred got dropped inside the 45 sec. mark of the 15th! He went to a nuetral corner and turned his back to the ref (not a good sign) when Padilla turned him around he let him continue but Wilfred eyes were glazed over!
                    He took a few shots as they got together and Padilla stopped the bout!
                    Padilla was a ref who let fighters fight inside and out of clinches and did a good job in big bouts.
                    The refs have a clear view into a fighters eyes and no one has a better view of a fight than a ref!
                    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Wilfred got dropped inside the 45 sec. mark of the 15th! He went to a nuetral corner and turned his back to the ref (not a good sign) when Padilla turned him around he let him continue but Wilfred eyes were glazed over!
                      He took a few shots as they got together and Padilla stopped the bout!
                      Padilla was a ref who let fighters fight inside and out of clinches and did a good job in big bouts.
                      The refs have a clear view into a fighters eyes and no one has a better view of a fight than a ref!
                      Ray.
                      there was also no protest from benitez when the fight was stopped. Ray was clearly becoming a powerful puncher as his pro career progressed no shame in being stopped in the 15th by leonard....especially if wilfred only trained for two weeks as the legend goes

Comment

Working...
                      X