No announcement yet.

Which boxer had the fastest combos in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    You guys can't seriously be putting up names like Dokes...cmon, it's one thing to get away with fast combinations against c or b level guys, its another thing to do it at the highest level and win. Only world class fighters should be ranked here.
    Huh?

Speed is not regulated by its target.

It doesn't matter whether it is against a local mediocrity or a world-class fighter—the punch will move as fast regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemus View Post
      Huh?

It doesn't matter whether it is against a local mediocrity or a world-class fighter—the punch will move as fast regardless.
      This, im sick of talent being dismissed because its not American, or its not against top class fighters, or etc I HAD IT UP TO GODDAMN HERE WITH YOUR **** LEMUS, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE LEMUS, YOU COULD LAST 5 MINUTES WITH G CLASS COMPETITION

LEMUS = ARM CHAIR CLASS FIGHTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lemus View Post
        Huh?

It is regulated by it's target, you sound like a complete amateur who knows nothing about boxing. You can put a man who seems to have the fastest combinations on the planet against a world class opponent who can time him and his combinations will no longer look as great.

To even contemplate naming someone like Dokes against names like Ali, Pacquiao, Tyson, Leonard etc is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          It is regulated by it's target, you sound like a complete amateur who knows nothing about boxing. You can put a man who seems to have the fastest combinations on the planet against a world class opponent who can time him and his combinations will no longer look as great.

To even contemplate naming someone like Dokes against names like Ali, Pacquiao, Tyson, Leonard etc is ridiculous.
          Look as great? We are not discussing aesthetics, mind you.

Timing can make it less effective, but the speed in itself is not reduced.

So according to you wouldn't Leonard & Ali, for example, be just as fast if their records were filled with mediocrities from top-to-bottom instead?

Comment

I think it may have been John L. Sullivan!

Contemporary reports claim he was hitting "almost as rapid as light" and that he "can strike more heavy blows in ten seconds than any other man in a minute".

I've never heard anyone else described as being this fast... so I guess Sullivan gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
              I think it may have been John L. Sullivan!

Contemporary reports claim he was hitting "almost as rapid as light" and that he "can strike more heavy blows in ten seconds than any other man in a minute".

I've never heard anyone else described as being this fast... so I guess Sullivan gets my vote.
              A fine choice, probably only rivalled by German Torres.

Comment

Originally posted by lemus View Post
                look as great? We are not discussing aesthetics, mind you.

Timing can make it less effective, but the speed in itself is not reduced.

So according to you wouldn't leonard & ali, for example, be just as fast if their records were filled with mediocrities from top-to-bottom instead?
                dammit lemus you are always getting it wrong!

Speed is speed, im faster than foreman and iM a C-class fighter, on soul blade ps1, it doesn't matter im still faster

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  dammit lemus you are always getting it wrong!
                  Are you sure?

Speed is speed
                  Yeah, just as I've told you.

im faster than foreman and iM a C-class fighter, on soul blade ps1, it doesn't matter im still faster
                  Good for you.

Comment

Jones and Camacho always are the first two I think of with hand speed (and they were fast of foot too).

Super fast combos with both flurries and full on combos with leverages, extremely fast with single shots, leading, countering.

Comment

Dokes was legit, can't help it if he had cocaine problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X