Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marcianos punches hurt the arms so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Yes, that's the way these questions are answered. Show pictures to 100 people who know nothing about boxing. Their picks will accurately determine the truth!

You are a total idiot. Mormeck would be battered by Marciano and blasted out by Louis. 100 non boxing fans may not know that, but people that know what they're talking about would agree unanimously. But this does explain why you think Mormeck is superior.

Case closed Trollroy!!!
    Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Yes, that's the way these questions are answered. Show pictures to 100 people who know nothing about boxing. Their picks will accurately determine the truth!

You are a total idiot. Mormeck would be battered by Marciano and blasted out by Louis. 100 non boxing fans may not know that, but people that know what they're talking about would agree unanimously. But this does explain why you think Mormeck is superior.

Case closed Trollroy!!!

Let me make this clear, Mormeck illustrates jsut how ridiculous it is to consider Marciano a HW and Mormeck a sub HW, since Mormeck is physically larger in every single measure we could dream of AND fought much larger opponents too.

You know Scott we can always take it a step further and show these 100 CLIPS of them boxing..

Here they will see the following from your ancient faves..

- Punch baggery.. The average person does not SEE what you guys are describing, these so called "skills". They see guys simply slugging it out with absolutely no regard to defence, no real reflexes or any sort of style or footwork.

- Weakness.. The punches look weak and the boxers who throw them look like skinny soft bodied molluscs by comparison to...

MORMECK

Whom the average viewer will see as..

- Highly atheltic, both in appearance on film AND in his agile and reactive and fast movements.

- Physically very powerful

- His OPPONENTS look really tough and likewise very skilled and athletic as well

Now you will AGAIN try to ascribe this to the fact that the average person doesn't know what they are looking at and you do...

Except of course I would rebut and say that here, the average person certainly CAN tell the difference between the ancient GARBAGE youir trying to sell here and what we TODAY regard as QUALITY BOXING!

Boxing is NOT COMPLICATED.. If it looks like a bum, it very likely IS a bum!! If it looks great, it probably IS!!!

On the contrary what it really reveals is that the level that you hold Marciano and Louis to.. Is entirely FICTIONAL!!

And it is for this reason that people like you cause people world-wide to view boxing as having the single dumbest fan base in ALL of sports.. Fortunately there are people like me that the common person can identify with

We find that Mormeck is not only visually superior in a picture but also faster, more powerful, stronger, vastly more skilled, more athletic, fitter, more durable and far more reactive and cerebral and more agile. His defence is also completely superior.

There is literally NOTHING that Marciano or Louis combined can do better than Mormeck.

Then we look at the opposition. All in all we can safely say that Mormeck has a resume approximately 50 times!! better than Louis and 100x better than Marciano COMPLETELY OBJECTIVELY!

Doesn't look good for you here Scott!!

Now STAND DOWN you absolute nut bag!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

Let me make this clear, Mormeck illustrates jsut how ridiculous it is to consider Marciano a HW and Mormeck a sub HW, since Mormeck is physically larger in every single measure we could dream of AND fought much larger opponents too.

You know Scott we can always take it a step further and show these 100 CLIPS of them boxing..

Here they will see the following from your ancient faves..

- Punch baggery.. The average person does not SEE what you guys are describing, these so called "skills". They see guys simply slugging it out with absolutely no regard to defence, no real reflexes or any sort of style or footwork.

- Weakness.. The punches look weak and the boxers who throw them look like skinny soft bodied molluscs by comparison to...

MORMECK

Whom the average viewer will see as..

- Highly atheltic, both in appearance on film AND in his agile and reactive and fast movements.

- Physically very powerful

- His OPPONENTS look really tough and likewise very skilled and athletic as well

Now you will AGAIN try to ascribe this to the fact that the average person doesn't know what they are looking at and you do...

Except of course I would rebut and say that here, the average person certainly CAN tell the difference between the ancient GARBAGE youir trying to sell here and what we TODAY regard as QUALITY BOXING!

Boxing is NOT COMPLICATED.. If it looks like a bum, it very likely IS a bum!! If it looks great, it probably IS!!!

On the contrary what it really reveals is that the level that you hold Marciano and Louis to.. Is entirely FICTIONAL!!

And it is for this reason that people like you cause people world-wide to view boxing as having the single dumbest fan base in ALL of sports.. Fortunately there are people like me that the common person can identify with

We find that Mormeck is not only visually superior in a picture but also faster, more powerful, stronger, vastly more skilled, more athletic, fitter, more durable and far more reactive and cerebral and more agile. His defence is also completely superior.

There is literally NOTHING that Marciano or Louis combined can do better than Mormeck.

Then we look at the opposition. All in all we can safely say that Mormeck has a resume approximately 50 times!! better than Louis and 100x better than Marciano COMPLETELY OBJECTIVELY!

Doesn't look good for you here Scott!!

Now STAND DOWN you absolute nut bag!!!

No one is going to read all of that drivel. Why don't you teach your a$$hole how to talk, it might sound smarter.

Comment

No fighter ever put pressure on like The Rock

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            No one is going to read all of that drivel. Why don't you teach your a$$hole how to talk, it might sound smarter.
            You mean no nut bag will read all of that drivel.

I expect real people to digest it well.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              No fighter ever put pressure on like The Rock
              They say the same thing about Joe Frazier.. The "pressure!"

As if applying pressure is some esoteric skill that guys like this possess and hasn't been replicated in far stronger and more dangerous boxers..

For example, can you imagine that same Rocky applying that same "pressure" to a modern HW or CW? It would look like Scrappy Doo crying "Let me at em, let me at em"

What about the pressure of a Lamon Brewster, or a Samuel Peter or a David Tua or a Mike Tyson or EVEN a Jean Marc Mormeck??

I hope you understand Sonny.

Comment

Tool boy & juggynutz the Abbott & Costello of the net! (no offense to Bud & Lou

Proven liars every day and their still allowed here, the site is a babysitting stop

Same crap everyday just to be pest and idiots!

Ray

Comment

They say the same thing about Joe Frazier.. The "pressure!"

As if applying pressure is some esoteric skill that guys like this possess and hasn't been replicated in far stronger and more dangerous boxers..

For example, can you imagine that same Rocky applying that same "pressure" to a modern HW or CW? It would look like Scrappy Doo crying "Let me at em, let me at em"

What about the pressure of a Lamon Brewster, or a Samuel Peter or a David Tua or a Mike Tyson or EVEN a Jean Marc Mormeck??

I hope you understand Sonny.
                  Brewster, Peter, Mormeck, Tua & Tyson were not in the same league applying pressure, as The Rock.

Comment

Im glad that others have taken the slack. Elroy is only worth so much time. His lack of critical reasoning skills are not something i can be responsable for. How can one argue against someone who does not know what a fact is?

Elroy also feels empowered when there is any hint of dissention, he sees it as an opportunity and frankly that opportunity does not often present itself.

Comment

Aimed at Bill;

Bill your post was a gargantuan waste of space and time...

I read the first paragraph, detected 100% nut baggery and simply extrapolated that the ENTIRE post was nut baggery..

However let me pin point the part where I winced and stopped reading...

Basically it seemed by that early part of your post that your so called "evidence" amounted to heresay from the old guys that TRAINED these ancient fighters.

How convenient for them to declare that their very own protege's were the hardest hitters or best boxers for that matter. How convenient for them to try to pump up their successes and play down later achievements.

I guess this is how the nut bag notions of great fighter AND great trainer came about...

I rebut by attacking not only the ridiculous logic of using self promoting old timers as "evidence" but also I attack those so called "great trainers" in question too on the grounds that the boxers they trained like Marciano and Louis would be complete and utter bums of ZERO relevance today with regards to both the modern HW AND the modern CW eras.

NOTE: I am not attacking their GREATNESS when viewed against the criteria of their day. In this respect these trainers, like their boxers Louis and Marciano both, were the best!

It's just that, like those 2 boxers, their trainers today would be viewed as utterly worthless in terms of professional championship boxing!

I am sure MArciano and Louis would do well at amateur boxing and their trainers would be good club level trainers, that's a given!

Jean Marc Mormeck KO3 Louis and Marciano after a brief but glorious shut-out.. AND

It is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DISRESPECTFUL to view Mormecks power and abilities NEGATIVELY against such ancient opponents!!!

These are the facts.
                      Once again you make such idiotic assumptions. My father was a musician for much of his life, he played for the circus and was actually a baritone horn player for the best orchestra in the world...the new york philharmonic. My dad is ninety two years old and was thoroughly invested in the musicians of that time, I grew up best friends with charlie mingus' son...and these were the times my dad was a playing musician.

if you spoke to my dad and asked him who his favorite players were...they would all be the people he came up with. HE WOULD ALSO TELL YOU THAT THE KIDS TODAY ARE MUCH BETTER TECHNICALLY.

You assume that people have the same stupidity and ignorance as you...they don't. Trainers, like musicians do not have an agenda like you do. There is no reason why a trainer who worked with fighters in several generations would not be honest...its YOU who have a need for an agenda so it becomes a fact that they think that way?

Your such an idiot. Such an idiot indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X