Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marcianos punches hurt the arms so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juggy your a proven LIAR on this site!

Your daddy blah blah
    Your Uncle did this....
    You beat up a Wlad spar mate (doesn't say much for Wlad) but your lieing!\

Calling people names should be the last thing out of you!
    Your the biggest BSer on here and not one person believes you (elroid exempt)

Are you ready to accept the bet yet?
    I show articles from sports sections of newspapers and state license card.
    All in my name, references to shows in the USA, Europe, Mexico with my name
    involved and you and lil' elroid are banned! If I don't show some articles and over all proof that I ran a gym that had highly competitive state & regional & national fighters than I'm banned!

Ready kids, you've ask for me to prove my past well put up or shut up!

Ray

I'll check in on Sunday and see what if you have guts to back your own words!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      and what happened after he gassed? brewster shook his hand and asked him to go take a seat ? he got blasted .

dk how you can look at a guy taking huge shots and act like he's not getting blasted just because he went out there on his toes and shot his wad early. bewster had a very solid chin and power. give him some credit. wlaidmir was a very beatable fighter by a man roughly of louis' size. that's irrefutable.

and i'm looking into it,a nd it seems that they switched to 8 oz some time in the 50's. louis was in a 6 oz glove, according again to what i'm reading, which i can't verify. marciano likely started off his career with a 6 oz glove, and finished with an 8.
      And in fact all glove sizes have advantages and disadvantages, there is no "better" glove. A good fighter can adapt to these changes.

Its also true about Brewster, he was a puncher, not a great one but a real one (so to speak) and when he hung in there he did the same basic thing he did to Golata. And yes...fifteen rounds means roadwork and staying lean and mean for the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        LOL

My previous realistic comments were deleted.

And now look at how this thread has taken a turn for the worst..

Here's the news...

No Marciano or Joe Louis could have ever competed with ANY modern HW or CW.

They would have suffered a seriously bad fate against any Wladimir opponent let alone himself.

And it's not even close.

The skills AND the athleticism and the strength, all three of them were so abysmal by comparison it is not even worth comparing.

Juggernaut the guy you are trying to speak with, New England, is a 5th generation pedigree nut bag. He has never to my knowledge EVER made a realistic post in his time here and is contempt never to truly test his archaic ideas outside of his nut bag reserve here.

He is not worth a drop of piss, not one single little drop! Should he be dying of dehydration in the desert!
        Be careful! You must have given the mods a heart attack! you actually posted realistic comments? Well there is a first time for everything...even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you sir? Not even once in a blue moon.

The facts about training and conditioning speak for themselves. You train differently under different conditions, ockham's razor... Don't even need to establish "better" or "worse." Even your friend Juggy realizes that modern heavyweights are after a different training goal, thats not really unreasonable actually, its a place where rational people who disagree can pause. Bigger gloves and less rounds= guys who throw less punches, in an attempt to throw punches with more power.

But, this attempt and training regime does not triumph natural punchers in the division. Louis had a trememdously powerful punch and fought in a manner so that he would get opportunities to strike with his shots over the course of a fight...he also was a tremendous finisher, its on tape for anyone who wants to see it. Watch the Louis Conn fight, not because it was such an achievement to KO Conn, but because Louis was able to set it up so that when he got Billy, he finished him. Then lets watch a guy like your favorite lard ass Sam Peter...the great Sam Peter, who was unable to do anything but rabbit punch away when he had Vlad in trouble, see a difference in technique? oh wait...Vlad was so evasive that he floated away from those punches...NOT!

Your an idiot plain and simple.

Comment

Your daddy blah blah
          Your Uncle did this....
          you beat up (nobody)

Are you and lil' elroid ready to put up or get banned?
          Stop talking smack you can't back up!

involved and you and lil' elroid are banned! If I don't show some articles and over all proof that I ran a gym that had highly competitive state & regional & national fighters than I'm banned!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            History is subjecive ,just like Columbus being the lone guy to first discover America when he actually discovered south America as well as we were the first civilisation here with intelligence ......pure notions the differance here is actual VIDEO evidence we can go on, i can PROMISE you however it wouldn't be too smart if you are suggesting Louis over Wlad because Without the fellow historians here and without the hand cuffs on me in that section where no opinion is judged and facts are allowed to be compared it wont go so good for you!....my last post stands as is!
            Columbus didn't discover North or South America. The Vikings were the first Europeans to North America and the Native Americans were already here. Also, he landed on the Caribbean Islands which is apart of the North American continent and went to South America in his third voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              And in fact all glove sizes have advantages and disadvantages, there is no "better" glove. A good fighter can adapt to these changes.

Its also true about Brewster, he was a puncher, not a great one but a real one (so to speak) and when he hung in there he did the same basic thing he did to Golata. And yes...fifteen rounds means roadwork and staying lean and mean for the later rounds.
              This is true all glove sizes will change the way someone fights...however smaller gloves cannot use parrying as much with big ones....the modern sized glove users would adapt better to any size ...meaning parrying fighters will have difficulty such as many old school styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                Columbus didn't discover North or South America. The Vikings were the first Europeans to North America and the Native Americans were already here. Also, he landed on the Caribbean Islands which is apart of the North American continent and went to South America in his third voyage.
                That's true...however im not giving history lessons im here to talk boxing.The point was Columbus is a national holiday because of what we are told. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Your daddy blah blah
                  Your Uncle did this....
                  you beat up (nobody)

Are you and lil' elroid ready to put up or get banned?
                  Stop talking smack you can't back up!

Ray
                  Ray werent you just called on your obnoxious behavior in the other post by other posters? Well then reread your post above you fool......

Go belittle someone else you old fool.......and remember I was with Ali at an event by special invite you were on here regurgitating crap! Don't swim in the deep end my friend when im in the pool you will drown...........

Oh and Ray.......

I'm Mister White Christmas
                  I'm Mister Snow
                  I'm Mister Icicle
                  I'm Mister Ten Below
                  Friends call me Snow Miser
                  What ever I touch
                  Turns to snow in my clutch
                  I'm too much!

Comment

Let me rephrase that...smaller gloves can parry easier....not so much with the bigger ones.

Comment

Be careful! You must have given the mods a heart attack! you actually posted realistic comments? Well there is a first time for everything...even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you sir? Not even once in a blue moon.

The facts about training and conditioning speak for themselves. You train differently under different conditions, ockham's razor... Don't even need to establish "better" or "worse." Even your friend Juggy realizes that modern heavyweights are after a different training goal, thats not really unreasonable actually, its a place where rational people who disagree can pause. Bigger gloves and less rounds= guys who throw less punches, in an attempt to throw punches with more power.

But, this attempt and training regime does not triumph natural punchers in the division. Louis had a trememdously powerful punch and fought in a manner so that he would get opportunities to strike with his shots over the course of a fight...he also was a tremendous finisher, its on tape for anyone who wants to see it. Watch the Louis Conn fight, not because it was such an achievement to KO Conn, but because Louis was able to set it up so that when he got Billy, he finished him. Then lets watch a guy like your favorite lard ass Sam Peter...the great Sam Peter, who was unable to do anything but rabbit punch away when he had Vlad in trouble, see a difference in technique? oh wait...Vlad was so evasive that he floated away from those punches...NOT!

Your an idiot plain and simple.
                      Explain to me this then..

HOW do you KNOW that Louis hit very hard as compared to a MODERN HW? Or Marciano for that matter?

What is the EVIDENCE?

There is plenty of evidence against.. Like weight. Weight of opponents, Bumminess of opponents. The fact they don't LOOK like they hit 1/2 as hard, etc, etc...

You also mentioned gloves...

When Marciano and Louis fought the gloves were SMALLER and hence it was much EASIER to score a KO by comparison.

The fact boxers today wear larger gloves in fact is a FURTHER testament to their increased power.

You have taken a postitive feature and spun it negatively as usual.

Jean Marc Mormeck hit harder than both Louis and Marciano..

In fact there can be no DOUBT that Mormeck was a harder puncher.

But we don't even CONSIDER him to have HW power today.

You also speak about how training modes are different to suit a different style of game. Again, how does this apply to punch power? A boxer either hits harder of not!

Too many holes in that post Bill...

You exposed yourself as a fool.

And your myth has been busted!

Comment

Working...
                      X