Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marcianos punches hurt the arms so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'll be refereed to as "stooge Larry" you seem to be late for everything!

Where did you attain ALL of your knowledge of boxing?
    was it from your UNCLE?
    was it from your Daddy?
    maybe Wlads sparring mate?
    maybe your heavy bag schooled you...

I learned mine from owning a boxing a gym, training fighters, being active
    on the state regional & national level. Being a state boxing chairman, Olympic Training Center Coach and being taught by Gaspar Ortega, Willie Pep, George Fitch, George Russo and Johnny Datro.
    who trained you and mentored you, Happy the Clown?

see ya Larry,

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      I think you'll be refereed to as "stooge Larry" you seem to be late for everything!

Where did you attain ALL of your knowledge of boxing?
      was it from your UNCLE?
      was it from your Daddy?
      maybe Wlads sparring mate?
      maybe your heavy bag schooled you...

I learned mine from owning a boxing a gym, training fighters, being active
      on the state regional & national level. Being a state boxing chairman, Olympic Training Center Coach and being taught by Gaspar Ortega, Willie Pep, George Fitch, George Russo and Johnny Datro.

see ya Larry,

Ray.
      Yet failed and claimed average skill to an easy to see fighter with actual skills like Lewis ? The problem is i believe you are so use to actually seeing poor skilled fighters in comparison you actually trained your brain into thinking the opposite which again is why you're limited knowledge cant get passed 1960 and you're really just a junior coach for kid s level who for some reason thinks he played an important role in boxing history and claims about secret techniques that only you can see?

The truth is bill is 10x smarter than you on all levels of combat bc he doesnt live in bubble and understands concepts even though i disagree with him on MANY points i can still have dialog with him because hes not 90% moron like you where everything goes over your head than you have to interject with mindless rants since you usually dont have an actual answer......
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-19-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

.............and you were mentored by who?????

did you teach yourself? hahaha

listen Larry I never said a thing about my "role" in boxing. I just said I owned a gym, taught boxing and had amateurs compete on all levels. That alone is so much more than you ever could imagine doing.

Your an internet goober with NO ties to boxing at all, except your uncle who has NO Name!

your a clown and everyone knows your the biggest storyteller here, and a LIAR!
        and I can prove it by your own quotes you fool.
        Tell us about your uncle, daddy and Wlads spar mate by all means........
        do you want me to bring up your quotes you moron?

Ray

Comment

.............and you were mentored by who?????

did you teach yourself? hahaha

listen Larry I never said a thing about my "role" in boxing. I just said I owned a gym, taught boxing and had amateurs compete on all levels. That alone is so much more than you ever could imagine doing.

Your an internet goober with NO ties to boxing at all, except your uncle who has NO Name!

your a clown and everyone knows your the biggest storyteller here, and a LIAR!
          and I can prove it by your own quotes you fool.
          Tell us about your uncle, daddy and Wlads spar mate by all means........
          do you want me to bring up your quotes you moron?

Ray
          Actually i did teach myself,and was pretty good at it....I think being in the ring with guys like Yuri Vaulin who did show me some stuff briefly helped out,but by any means he wasn't my trainer...and this was After I had my fights that I Never trained for...you see ray when someone runs their mouth on here like you you get tooled...you got tooled because really you know very little beyond junior boxing and old history...this was established many times as well.....Regarding my background ive never claimed to be a boxer of note as im more MMa and bill will vouch for that...you see when dialog is spoken one can tell b.s from truth...This is why practiacally everything goes over your head....My dad was 17 and 1 in amateur boxing and my other uncle was undefeated before he passed...the fact you talk like your a boxing god sshows how dumb you actually are...you can call other ppls experience b.s all you like all you do is big yourself up to what you actually did....!

ALL my uncles were fighters I cant give their names b/c personally I don't want my familys name being mentioned on here since yes they are WELL known and much more famous than a bitter fool on boxing scene .

As stated go belittle someone else you DOLT!

Comment

If their so welknown whats the harm being mentioned on a "boxing forum", jackazz!

Sooooo you did teach yourself? That makes sense because you know NOTHING about it!

By all means whats "junior boxing" training compared to any other boxing?

I don't talk like I'm a god I talk like a veteran boxing trainer and that intimadates you because you've never done a thing in the sport but you want to be on my level but your not. How can you be when you've never accomplished the things I have in the sport.
            What exactly do you do to earn a living?
            Are you a retailer?
            Are you a dentist? I know nothing about those business do you want me to meet you on a forum for those ventures and conceed to you that I know little to nothing about that!
            You can have your opinion Larry but when its based on BS I'm calling you on it. My opinions are based on real experiences yours are based on being "self taught"! Time to grow up kid.....

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              Slow? Well I do need to brush up on my cro-magnon linguistics skills.

You don't measure anything, all your opinions are based on exactly that.. opinion. A highly uninformed opinion formed by the grating mindset of a petulant child that is seeking negative attention.

Witness greatness, and be ashamed you slander it to acquire some cheap "notoriety" on a website.
              Negative attention indeed. Why else would someone continue to frequent a forum where they know everyone else there detests him? It's like the old saying I heard Bobby Heenan use, for some people "it's better to be hated than ignored."

Comment

Heenan & Mr. Fugi used to come to my gym when in New Haven and bring their students to use the ring (Full size) to teach how to get their steps down and come off the ropes properly. Both nice guys and would always leave a 20.00 bill on the apron for about 30 mins. of time. Fugi was a fun guy!

Ray

Comment

Being a state boxing chairman, Olympic Training Center Coach and being taught by Gaspar Ortega, Willie Pep, George Fitch, George Russo and Johnny Datro.
                  Ray, what was it like learning from Willie Pep? What kind of things did he teach you?

Comment

If their so welknown whats the harm being mentioned on a "boxing forum", jackazz!

Sooooo you did teach yourself? That makes sense because you know NOTHING about it!

By all means whats "junior boxing" training compared to any other boxing?

I don't talk like I'm a god I talk like a veteran boxing trainer and that intimadates you because you've never done a thing in the sport but you want to be on my level but your not. How can you be when you've never accomplished the things I have in the sport.
                    What exactly do you do to earn a living?
                    Are you a retailer?
                    Are you a dentist? I know nothing about those business do you want me to meet you on a forum for those ventures and conceed to you that I know little to nothing about that!
                    You can have your opinion Larry but when its based on BS I'm calling you on it. My opinions are based on real experiences yours are based on being "self taught"! Time to grow up kid.....

Ray
                    You can try and discredit all you like ,at the end of the day you're still a fool with actual never having anything tangible to say ...your level is that of a 13 year old where after your actual boxing for adults becomes moot and really only newbies who are beginners will take you seriously ,others who have ACTUALLY fought and know better or been involved with combat sports over 20 years will not !
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-19-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Pep would hold court at Ring 49 in Hartford. John Datro's gym in the late 50's and I think its still open to date run by one of Johns young fighters from the 70's. Simularb to my gym (Ring One) being run by Brian Clarke one of my members in the late 70's.
                      Pep would show me hand to hand checking which would become blocking then countering. He would explain to look for opponents tendancies for choosing which counters to use. Most times a check with your right would be a right counter (over the top or underneath) but if the opponent slipped to his right he would show me to drop my left hand where his head was. He would also explain that I am open for the opponents right hand by doing this but that would be my choice as I evaluated my opponents habits.
                      He was huge about using movement to bait an opponent and give the opponent false hopes when backing off and letting him think that the move was 100% defensive. Next time around he would step in with combos and then leave.
                      Pep was a strong man for his size and he had pop on his punches. He gave away size most times but if he felt he could get you out of there he went to work on it!
                      Pep was a great guy, fun to be with and a true entertainer in and out of the ring. He held court at Franks Rest. in Hartford after Starling fights and I miss those times greatly.
                      He worked a corner with me in the Garden one time and we had a ball, the corner was a little messy but fun!
                      He was a good teacher and he taught Starling a few tricks too.
                      He had great eye/hand and ofcourse the greatest mover of all time.
                      The Fred Astaire of boxing!
                      Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X