Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    You can try to rewrite history as much as you want. The fact remains that Leonard made no attempt to fight Hagler until after the Mugabi fight. A fight that Leonard openly said he saw weaknesses and signs that Hagler was slowing down.

Leonard retired again immediately after the Howard fight. So your claim that he came back in that fight for Hagler is laughable.

If you can't tell the truth about simple facts like that don't expect me to read or respond to the long bullshi t you posted under it. I see enough lies and rewritten history in here so you're not contributing anything new. On second thought, your claim that Pacquiao-Margarito was one of the best fights of all time was a new one for me. That speaks for itself about who the clueless one is.
    As I said before ....Leonard came back in 1984 because he wanted the hagler fight......the catylyst for Leonard's first comeback was to line up a fight with hagler....in the Howard fight he suffered a knockdown and was less than happy with his rusty performance so he reretired.....and that's why he hit the drink and the drugs till 1986 because the man was a tortured soul and deep down he wanted to fight and if you read his autobiography he states that he was lost when he could not fight......the Mugabi fight just added to much to his belly and had to come back as it was now or never......as I stated about the pacquaio fight.....it was the best I have ever seen perform against a fighter who was huge and physically dwarfed him....it was also an historic fight because on that night pacquaio won a title 8 divisions so if you don't think that's anything special...ur an idiot ...I never once stated that it was a competitive or toe to toe so who the hell do you think u are passing judgement on what fghts impress me and what don't ...prick lol.......basically a fighter who had never boxed above 153lbs came out of retirement with 1 fight in 5 years ....who entered the ring with surgically repaired retina ....who from 1982 to 1986 was an alcoholic and cocaine addict ...met up with a boxer who was only 2 years older than him at 32....who was heavier, who had not lost in 10 years, had defended his belt 12 times, who was active and 2 years before produced one of his most brutal displays..had a longer reach....and almost every scribe besides Michael Katz picked hagler to destroy him.....came back and won the fight by out boxing him...and u have the cheek to say hagler had slipped...u know nothing son, so again you have been completely owned ...now what I will do is scrutinise some of your comments and just absorb some of the ridiculous things you have said on this site and relay it back as you have done......Marcos Geraldo looked up and said Leonard would beat him and Thomas hearns also said I've seen the way Ray Leonard thinks in the ring....he's the better fighter.....I will leave you with a comment hagler made just before the fight...u better get your popcorn and beers cause this fight don't necessarily go 12 rounds...well it did and Leonard won so get use to it

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      As I said before ....Leonard came back in 1984 because he wanted the hagler fight......the catylyst for Leonard's first comeback was to line up a fight with hagler....in the Howard fight he suffered a knockdown and was less than happy with his rusty performance so he reretired.....and that's why he hit the drink and the drugs till 1986 because the man was a tortured soul and deep down he wanted to fight and if you read his autobiography he states that he was lost when he could not fight......the Mugabi fight just added to much to his belly and had to come back as it was now or never......as I stated about the pacquaio fight.....it was the best I have ever seen perform against a fighter who was huge and physically dwarfed him....it was also an historic fight because on that night pacquaio won a title 8 divisions so if you don't think that's anything special...ur an idiot ...I never once stated that it was a competitive or toe to toe so who the hell do you think u are passing judgement on what fghts impress me and what don't ...prick lol.......basically a fighter who had never boxed above 153lbs came out of retirement with 1 fight in 5 years ....who entered the ring with surgically repaired retina ....who from 1982 to 1986 was an alcoholic and cocaine addict ...met up with a boxer who was only 2 years older than him at 32....who was heavier, who had not lost in 10 years, had defended his belt 12 times, who was active and 2 years before produced one of his most brutal displays..had a longer reach....and almost every scribe besides Michael Katz picked hagler to destroy him.....came back and won the fight by out boxing him...and u have the cheek to say hagler had slipped...u know nothing son, so again you have been completely owned ...now what I will do is scrutinise some of your comments and just absorb some of the ridiculous things you have said on this site and relay it back as you have done......Marcos Geraldo looked up and said Leonard would beat him and Thomas hearns also said I've seen the way Ray Leonard thinks in the ring....he's the better fighter.....I will leave you with a comment hagler made just before the fight...u better get your popcorn and beers cause this fight don't necessarily go 12 rounds...well it did and Leonard won so get use to it

Yawn......

Comment

Yawn......
        MAYBE YAWN BUT ITS NICE WHEN I GET TWO GREENS FOR KARMA....SAYING GREAT POST THATS THE WAY TO OWN SOMEBODY LOL.....ok enough arguing it is what it is

Comment

MAYBE YAWN BUT ITS NICE WHEN I GET TWO GREENS FOR KARMA....SAYING GREAT POST THATS THE WAY TO OWN SOMEBODY LOL.....ok enough arguing it is what it is
          Pacquiao-Margarito "one of the best fights of all time" " "History." Yeah you really "owned" me with that nonsense LOL.

This is how you describe a fight in which Pacquiao beat a washed up fighter at a 150 pound catchweight. In addition to that, Margarito was never a legitimate contender over 147. The title fight was bogus yet you speak about that fight as if you've never watched a boxing match in your life LOL.

You lost all credibility with that which is why I'm not surprised that you would attempt to rewrite history with Leonard-Hagler. I've read enough of your ignorance in NSB to remove all doubt which is why I choose to ignore the majority of your post.

Comment

He was the natural middleweight, giving him the size advantage. Duran made him look foolish and frustrated and basically laid out the blueprint to inspire Leonard to fight him. He was cut badly against Hearns and had the "Hitman" not broken his right hand in the first round, I think he would have been stopped on the cut in the seventh or eighth if Hearns could stay on his feet long enough. And Leonard baffled him and totally got inside his head. Duran, Leonard and Hearns all had better names on their ledgers IMO.

Another thing to consider is if the other three were natural middleweights. Now that would have resulted in Hagler going 0-3 in my IMO. Duran was nearly too slick for him as a natural lightweight and past his prime. Hearns being the natural welterweight, would have knocked him out as a natural middleweight. Leonard baffled him at middleweight and would have hurt him a lot more if he'd been the natural middleweight as well.

Hagler's got a good legacy but not a great one IMO. Does he belong in the IBHOF? I'd say so, but the other three should be more highly regarded. These were smaller guys who took huge chances on fighting him and he never looked good against any of them really. The Hearns KO was sweet for him, but he could have easily lost that one. I agree all the way. For me, the best overall pound for pound would be Duran, Hearns, Leonard and then Hagler.

Comment

Pacquiao-Margarito "one of the best fights of all time" " "History." Yeah you really "owned" me with that nonsense LOL.

This is how you describe a fight in which Pacquiao beat a washed up fighter at a 150 pound catchweight. In addition to that, Margarito was never a legitimate contender over 147. The title fight was bogus yet you speak about that fight as if you've never watched a boxing match in your life LOL.

You lost all credibility with that which is why I'm not surprised that you would attempt to rewrite history with Leonard-Hagler. I've read enough of your ignorance in NSB to remove all doubt which is why I choose to ignore the majority of your post.
              As I said to you before .....they were my 10 greatest fights not yours you complete buffoon.....I watched the performance of pacquaio a little natural 106lb er against a 150lb fighter who was 17lbs heavier and 5inches taller.....and he boxed rings round him that night and actually smashed Margaritos orbital bone and he also won in his 8th division which in history has never ever been accomplished before and probably won't ever be broken...and that's a personal favourite of mine.....as I said before I had two independent karma marks from posters yesterday saying wow what an excellent post that's how you own a guy....so I know who's credibility I prefer.......I don't need to justify to an idiot like you what are my personal favourite fights and who hates the fact that every bit of information was thrown back you and all u could say is yawn......history shows Leonard was the naturally smaller fighter who had not boxed in over 3 years...and only 1 fight in 5 years total..who was a recovering addict...who had never boxed above light middleweight...had a surgically repaired retina ...facing a monster who had not lost in 10 years, bigger more active, 12 defences, stronger with a 75' reach who was 4-1 favourite who 2 years previously had produced one of his most dominant displays.....and Leonard made him look like an amateur and to this day hagler has acted like a child and been bitter and actually ran off to Italy like a girl who couldn't get her ice cream from daddy...I tried to squash the beef yesterday but you seem to have the same traits as hagler ...lol. Bitter....don't write to me again...we're done over this lol
              Last edited by The plunger man; 02-17-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger;16474045[B
                ]As I said to you before .....they were my 10 greatest fights not yours you complete buffoon..[/B]...I watched the performance of pacquaio a little natural 106lb er against a 150lb fighter who was 17lbs heavier and 5inches taller.....and he boxed rings round him that night and actually smashed Margaritos orbital bone and he also won in his 8th division which in history has never ever been accomplished before and probably won't ever be broken...and that's a personal favourite of mine.....as I said before I had two independent karma marks from posters yesterday saying wow what an excellent post that's how you own a guy....so I know who's credibility I prefer.......I don't need to justify to an idiot like you what are my personal favourite fights and who hates the fact that every bit of information was thrown back you and all u could say is yawn......history shows Leonard was the naturally smaller fighter who had not boxed in over 3 years...and only 1 fight in 5 years total..who was a recovering addict...who had never boxed above light middleweight...had a surgically repaired retina ...facing a monster who had not lost in 10 years, bigger more active, 12 defences, stronger with a 75' reach who was 4-1 favourite who 2 years previously had produced one of his most dominant displays.....and Leonard made him look like an amateur and to this day hagler has acted like a child and been bitter and actually ran off to Italy like a girl who couldn't get her ice cream from daddy...I tried to squash the beef yesterday but you seem to have the same traits as hagler ...lol. Bitter....don't write to me again...we're done over this lol

Oh really?

I recently found this article on in The times and thought I would share and get some opinions on what they consider are the 10 greatest fights ever and give a small clip on why that fight is there number 1

http://time.com/3840197/boxing-maywe...o-ali-frazier/

Here's mine

1 Leonard vs hearns 1
                2 Pryor vs arguello 1
                3 Ali vs foreman
                4 gatti vs ward
                5 Hagler vs Hearns
                6 Pacquaio vs margarita
                7 Duran vs Barkley
                8 Louis vs schmeling 2
                9 Barrera vs morales 1
                10 foreman vs Lyle

10 greatest fights ever. Not "personal favorites." You can't even remember your own lies

Including Pacquiao-Margarito was beyond stupid regardless of your ridiculous attempts at justifying it.
                "8th title" huh? Pacquaio a "natural" 106 pound fighter?

Sorry but no credible person is going to look at that win as a legitimate historical accomplishment without asterisks. Get used to it.

Also, ""we're" not done with anything as long as you continue to make up lies and post them here. So speak for yourself and I'll respond whenever I feel like doing so.

When you post something stupid or lie about it ("Hagler was not past prime against Leonard") you shouldn't cry when you get called out on it. I also have a hard time taking you seriously when you send yourself gifts and one with a message
                Last edited by joseph5620; 02-17-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Oh really?

[SIZE="3"]

10 greatest fights ever. Not "personal favorites." You can't even remember your own lies

Including Pacquiao-Margarito was beyond stupid regardless of your ridiculous attempts at justifying it.

Sorry but no credible person is going to look at that win as a legitimate historical accomplishment without asterisks. Get used to it.

Also, ""we're" not done with anything as long as you continue to make up lies and post them here. So speak for yourself and I'll respond whenever I feel like doing so.

When you post something stupid or lie about it ("Hagler was not past prime against Leonard") you shouldn't cry when you get called out on it. I also have a hard time taking you seriously when you send yourself gifts and one with a message
                  youve been owned.....what was your response ...Yawnnnn...because you had nothing to come back with....hagler natural middlweight facing a rusty old ex addict injury prone great welterweight who had only 1 fight in five years....and you say hagler was past it lol...go get some knowledge or go get your popcorn and your beers becUse i have defintely owned you....quiet go do some reading and get some real knowledge before we cross paths again....good day sir
                  Last edited by The plunger man; 02-17-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Oh really?

[SIZE="3"]

Wasn't the writer giving his own opinion on the 10 greatest fights in history.......I never realised those 10 fights are written and logged as the greatest ever....I thought it was an opinion by the writer who he considered were the best but according to you those 10 fights by the reporter are gospel and remain the 10 best ever......thanks for the heads up on that....I'm sure Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubanks is not on everybody's list though....twat lol

Comment

Wasn't the writer giving his own opinion on the 10 greatest fights in history.......I never realised those 10 fights are written and logged as the greatest ever....I thought it was an opinion by the writer who he considered were the best but according to you those 10 fights by the reporter are gospel and remain the 10 best ever......thanks for the heads up on that....I'm sure Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubanks is not on everybody's list though....twat lol
                      Yes and it was a far more respectable list than yours. You didn't see Paquiao-Margarito on it. Yours was just stupid.

Again, I don't expect much from you. You want to tell us again how Whitaker never won a junior middlweight title but Pacquiao did?

Comment

Working...
                      X