Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighters historically do you feel are underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz was gone as champ by 1968 and Napoles fought on above lightweight for 10 years (till 1975) The division had atleast 6 NEW champs at 135lbs between 1968 and 1975 for Napoles to return to lightweight and fight. He didn't do it!!

Most of you weren't even born in 1968 and ALL of you know nothing about federation ties (WBC & WBA) title shots have alot to do with who manages you and "their" offiliations with the federations and then whose handling contracts.

..jugernutz...".Ray you talk nonsense...cut off your head and call it quits"

you talk alot of sh11 boy for a lieing piece of turd!

Have you remembered your uncles name who trained Bowe?
    How about your daddys titles as a world judo expert?
    and the biggest BS Wlads sparring partner YOU KO'd does he have a name?

For someone with a cartoon hero in their avitar and an "actor" as your favorite boxer you shouldn't talk sh11 to an "old man" who would tear you a new one!!

Your a liar and a punk, your defense is your keyboard in fact its who you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Ortiz was gone as champ by 1968 and Napoles fought on above lightweight for 10 years (till 1975) The division had atleast 6 NEW champs at 135lbs between 1968 and 1975 for Napoles to return to lightweight and fight. He didn't do it!!

Most of you weren't even born in 1968 and ALL of you know nothing about federation ties (WBC & WBA) title shots have alot to do with who manages you and "their" offiliations with the federations and then whose handling contracts.
      If you was alive back then, then you would know that Napoles was in line for a title shot after beating LC Morgan in 63' and was the #1 ranked Lightweight in the world from 64' > after beating Urbina 2x (Ranked #1 in their first bout), Carlos Hernandez (Ranked #2, winner supposed to get a title shot) and Moreno (Ranked #10) then through 65 went on a streak, Ortiz lost his title to Laguna in October but regained it a month after, at the end of 65' Napoles moved up to Light Welter looking for a title shot there after it was clear that Ortiz wouldn't give him one, be it Ortiz was still fighting great competition in Laguna and Lane, but Napoles was the #1 man and Ortiz did not want any of him. Napoles now already has a win against Perkins (#1 Ranked Light Welter at the time of the win) and Johnny Santos (#2 at time of the win) and was unable to get a title shot against C. Hernandez at Light Welter, goes on another winning streak there after loosing on cuts to LC Morgan and is still unable to get a title shot against Lopopolo after he took the title from Hernandez, continuing his streak he is unable to get a shot at Fuji or anyone until he hits Welter where he finally got his shot despite being 59-4 and being a top ranked Lightweight and Light Welterweight for years.

He didn't get the shot at Locche as Napoles didn't want to go to Argentina and Locche didn't want to go to the US or Mexico, from what I've read anyway.

Could go on but I think you should get the point, there's only so much Boxrec can show you on boxers you don't know much about Ray. I may of not been alive back then but Napoles is one of my favourite boxers and I've done plenty of research on him through old newspapers and the like, I know his career.
      Last edited by NChristo; 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        If you was alive back then, then you would know that Napoles was in line for a title shot after beating LC Morgan in 63' and was the #1 ranked Lightweight in the world from 64' > after beating Urbina 2x (Ranked #1 in their first bout), Carlos Hernandez (Ranked #2, winner supposed to get a title shot) and Moreno (Ranked #10) then through 65 went on a streak, Ortiz lost his title to Laguna in October but regained it a month after, at the end of 65' Napoles moved up to Light Welter looking for a title shot there after it was clear that Ortiz wouldn't give him one, be it Ortiz was still fighting great competition in Laguna and Lane, but Napoles was the #1 man and Ortiz did not want any of him. Napoles now already has a win against Perkins (#1 Ranked Light Welter at the time of the win) and Johnny Santos (#2 at time of the win) and was unable to get a title shot against C. Hernandez at Light Welter, goes on another winning streak there after loosing on cuts to LC Morgan and is still unable to get a title shot against Lopopolo after he took the title from Hernandez, continuing his streak he is unable to get a shot at Fuji or anyone until he hits Welter where he finally got his shot despite being 59-4 and being a top ranked Lightweight and Light Welterweight for years.

He didn't get the shot at Locche as Napoles didn't want to go to Argentina and Locche didn't want to go to the US or Mexico, from what I've read anyway.

Could go on but I think you should get the point, there's only so much Boxrec can show you on boxers you don't know much about Ray. I may of not been alive back then but Napoles is one of my favourite boxers and I've done plenty of research on him through old newspapers and the like, I know his career.
        Ouch! Now THAT was brutal!!

This is what they call being "completely owned"

Ray, you know nothing of Boxing. You make claim after claim after claim which are literally completely false and often even complete lies. And this is like what? The 50th time you've been destroyed? Got to be heading there.

Hey Ray, I still haven't recieved the evidence that the crowd "rioted" after Griffith-Ortega 1 like you ridiculously claimed. Poor guy probably doesn't even know there's footage of that fight and the ending.

This fantasy was likely formed because it says "crowd boo'd decision" on Boxrec and Ray ran with it

Sorry mate people in here actually know Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Hey Ray, I still haven't recieved the evidence that the crowd "rioted" after Griffith-Ortega 1 like you claimed.
          I can imagine some were upset, at least. According to BoxRec, Griffith won a split decision, two judges scoring the fight 8-1-1 and 7-3, respectively.

But (according to BoxRec), "announcer Johnny Addie incorrectly announced that referee Harry Ebbets (the third judge) voted for Griffith by a score of 8-1-1. However, Ebbets corrected him and it was re-announced that Ebbets score was 8-1-1 for Ortega."
          Last edited by Ben Bolt; 08-01-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I'm not disputing WHY he didn't get the shot I'm simply stating he NEVER went back to 135 to go after the lightweight title REGARDLESS who the champ was.
            iron jackwit....... your just another keyboard blizzard who thinks your a bad azz your just a dim wit who jacks off to pictures of jugernutz avitar!

At that time (1963) I was training with Georgie Russo and boxing at the Waterbury Towers with Chico Vejar's boys.
            I started working corners for Veto Tallerita shortly after and opened my own gym in 1969 in New Haven Conn.
            CC Cucco was in Waterbury at times with Gaspar Ortega to help Vejar and Russo develop fighters. My older brother worked with Ortega for 15 years as a spar mate and best friends.

iron jackazz you've learned the expressions well to bad you'll never be able to actually "own" anything but your pillow you jackoff!

benbolt, look it up yourself, do your own research if you don't like or agree with a poster go get the evidence that states your conclusion is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
              I can imagine some were upset, at least. According to BoxRec, Griffith won a split decision, two judges scoring the fight 8-1-1 and 7-3, respectively.

But (according to BoxRec), "announcer Johnny Addie incorrectly announced that referee Harry Ebbets (the third judge) voted for Griffith by a score of 8-1-1. However, Ebbets corrected him and it was re-announced that Ebbets score was 8-1-1 for Ortega."
              Despite the fact that ring side observers unanimously scored it for Emile Griffth, it was a close fight.

There's no surprise that the crowd boo'd the fact that the fan favourite lost a close one.

However, a "riot" did not happen. Nor were the crowd that bothered by the decision.

Comment

I'm not disputing WHY he didn't get the shot I'm simply stating he NEVER went back to 135 to go after the lightweight title REGARDLESS who the champ was.
                iron jackwit....... your just another keyboard blizzard who thinks your a bad azz your just a dim wit who jacks off to pictures of jugernutz avitar!

At that time (1963) I was training with Georgie Russo and boxing at the Waterbury Towers with Chico Vejar's boys.
                I started working corners for Veto Tallerita shortly after and opened my own gym in 1969 in New Haven Conn.
                CC Cucco was in Waterbury at times with Gaspar Ortega to help Vejar and Russo develop fighters. My older brother worked with Ortega for 15 years as a spar mate and best friends.

iron jackazz you've learned the expressions well to bad you'll never be able to actually "own" anything but your pillow you jackoff!

benbolt, look it up yourself, do your own research if you don't like or agree with a poster go get the evidence that states your conclusion is correct.
                You have no clue about Boxing. That much is evident.

You've been verbally abused on here time and time again and proven wrong so many times I've lost count.

It doesn't matter how many times you name drop, it won't change that fact.

You're also a liar and a clown.

Comment

I think it is the other way around: certain other people do not know boxing. One man forgets some minutiae and is accused of knowing nothing about boxing. The accusers know only their opinions on the subject. The accusers are such people as like to make the kind of preposterous claim that Vlad Klinchko's style is based at once on Dempsey and Willie Pep. Hmmm...who knows nothing?

My suggestion is that everyone stop accusing their enemies on here of knowing nothing. It sure is tiresome. If someone misremembers a detail, must there always be a chorus of "You Were Owned," or the like? That's for juveniles, and why this place is becoming a snore.

Comment

Ray,even in your OWN section you claim to know ,you are getting owned and this time its not even by me....

Comment

My daddy's a judo expert.
                      My uncle trained Riddick Bowe?
                      I KO'd wlads sparring partner!

Why haven't you addressed these comments you made jugernutz?

People saying they "own you" is just talk, Ray Corso is my REAL name!

I'm easy to find, come on down and we'll see "INPERSON" who owns who!

You jerks with your make believe names are hiding behind your keyboards
                      you talk **** but have no where to shovel it.

Don't sing it, bring it................the people who insult others and refer to past greats as bums are always punks. They degrade to try and lift themselves up but its clear to anyone in boxing that the biggest talkers are just that. Talkers!

Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X