Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strategy do you think Tyson would have implemented with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    Mike often crouched before leashing his attacks.

Like another Cus D'Amato fighter, Floyd Patterson. In their 1st fight, Ingo was fully concentrated on throwing a hard jab or two as soon as he saw Floyd crouching, snapping him out of his attack.

Not much of an analyze here, but I could see ol' George having a similar fight plan. And a lot of holding in between.

Though we learned from fighters who sparred or fought them both that ol' George's punches hurt more, I can see Mike being too quick-fisted and gaining an undisputable decision.

That's the old version of George I'm talking about. I believe he would've had a much better chance than the younger George. But with guys like George and Mike, you never know. One punch can settles it.
    foreman vs Dwight Quawi who is a crouch fighter himself and under 5'8 shows who would win that match....the much weaker Quawi was beating foreman ,up until he started to slow.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

I think Donovan's Smash was so good he neglected scientific boxing purposefully.. He knew ultimately he'd land it at some point and it would be Goodnight Irene.. He'd knock guys out cold with it.. Great example are his bouts with Smith & Dokes.. Foreman rarely put people completely to sleep.. I think both Tyson and Ruddock weren't the same after their rivalry.. They were pretty brutal fights..

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        I think Donovan's Smash was so good he neglected scientific boxing purposefully.. He knew ultimately he'd land it at some point and it would be Goodnight Irene.. He'd knock guys out cold with it.. Great example are his bouts with Smith & Dokes.. Foreman rarely put people completely to sleep.. I think both Tyson and Ruddock weren't the same after their rivalry.. They were pretty brutal fights..
        yea,,,,ruddocks smash was lethal. that dokes kayo was scary

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          yea,,,,ruddocks smash was lethal. that dokes kayo was scary
          That was one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen. I thought Mercante jr stepped in too late and allowed an unecessary final shot. On top of that, the idiot started counting over a prone fighter who obviously wasn't getting up.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

How many strategies did Tyson employ in his career? Just one. That is why Foreman was a stylistic nightmare for Tyson. It is also why Tyson avoided Foreman like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              That was one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen. I thought Mercante jr stepped in too late and allowed an unecessary final shot. On top of that, the idiot started counting over a prone fighter who obviously wasn't getting up.
              yea,,,,,that was 3 or 4 flush left hooks thrown with full leverage. I really thought he may have killed dokes. mercante wasnt on the top of his game that night for sure

Comment

Originally posted by joemama View Post
                How many strategies did Tyson employ in his career? Just one. That is why Foreman was a stylistic nightmare for Tyson. It is also why Tyson avoided Foreman like the plague.
                tyson had great upper body movement and timing while he was with rooney. he was the total package before they parted ways. then he became more one dimensional. I agree that foreman would have hammered any version of tyson tho. foreman ate that style up for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I don't think the ref did anything wrong cause it was a three punch combination of the smash in a quick succession.. And, there are some guys who had appeared to out cold in the history of boxing only to get up, fight back, and win.. Take that one Seldon bout where he was seemingly out, jumped up at the count of 9, and came back to win..

Comment

I don't think the ref did anything wrong cause it was a three punch combination of the smash in a quick succession.. And, there are some guys who had appeared to out cold in the history of boxing only to get up, fight back, and win.. Take that one Seldon bout where he was seemingly out, jumped up at the count of 9, and came back to win..
                    I used to work with Mercante jr. doing stage work.....he was a old school guy,let the fighters fight a bit to long on occasion but was a hard nosed fighter himself,ironically he was ultimately let go for a fight at the work place after repeated ones spanning over a decade......

Comment

Not from what I saw. Ruddock paused before throwing the last punch when Dokes was clearly out, hands dropped, and trapped on the ropes. It was not a quick three punch combination. There was no excuse for Dokes taking that last punch. In addition to that ******ity he tried to complete a 10 count over a prone, unconscious fighter.
                      Last edited by joseph5620; 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X