Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would any version of Tyson ever beat Lennox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would any version of Tyson ever beat Lennox?

The old, past prime Mike Tyson couldn't beat Lewis. But would a younger Mike (sharper in D'Amato's teachings) be able to pull it off?

Or is this always a bad style matchup for him regardless?

I think a prime Tyson would knock him out.

Comment

A young version of Tyson had a good chance of beating Lewis. But we will never know, there were no fighters like Lewis around during that era.

Comment

Would any version of Tyson ever beat Lennox?

i Don't think so. not that he couldnt get a lucky shot in.
        but in general no.

Comment

hell yes he would , a prime Tyson was a beast, if McCall and rahman could ko him Tyson definalty would.

Comment

A younger (1986-89) Tyson definitely KTFO of Lewis. McCall, who used to get beat up by Tyson in sparring, KTFO of Lewis. I don't hate the early 90's pre-prison version of Tyson chances either. Post-prison its Lewis all day.

Comment

I think he would.

Comment

Prime Tyson KTFO Lewis, or takes the fight out of him Ruddock-style.

Comment

If that fight had taking place in the early 90's ,the certain edge goes to Tyson.Lewis didnt have M.Steward then and Tyson then was still good enough to k.o him,take into account when Lewis fought the much slower out of form Tyson in the 2000's and could barley hit him in the first round while having to hit Tyson with over 200 punches by round 8 i think its pretty clear an 80's Tyson should beat any year Lewis ,among other instances like Briggs jumping on Lewis and knocking Lewis around towards the end of round one.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-02-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Best Tyson beats any Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                    X