Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would any version of Tyson ever beat Lennox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Tyson never trained for the Douglas fight and was going through a "Divorce" it is said Mike had that many women over in Japan, that it was like eating grapes..

3yrs in jail would end any professional sports star's career. Credit must go to Mike Tyson for still being great enough to beat match-fit contenders after his release from prison. Bruno, Golota, Botha & Savarese were all fairly decent fighters. Tyson became a a drug addict in the 1990s and was in a desperate state by 2002 being addicted to anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine and cannabis. it is a miracle he has came through it all.

Mike Tyson is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world, on the History of Professional Boxing.
    You are correct Mike faced some very grave challenges in his life and overcame many of them. Let's hope he continues to do so.

Comment

Well i have read some garbage over the years on boxing forums, but this takes the cake.

Can you imagine Mike Tyson fans claiming: Mike let Buster Douglas win because he felt sorry for Buster who's mother had just died.

Mike was so good that he let Lennox knock him out, because he was bored and thinking about "Warming Ganja" and "Snorting some good Colombian Cocaine"... Any fighter who beat Mike was not a huge megastar and the paying public, did not really know them so Mike didn't take them seriously.

But Mike of 1986-89 would be on his A-Game and take someone like Lennox seriously. Mike would knock out Lennox quicker than McCall or Rahman most likely in the first round.
      It would be nice to have a time machine to propel the fighter's back to there respective prime's to find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        I believe Mike comment that ruddicks left was like a mules kick. Two extremely powerful men giving there all. This fight had a controversial ending and the brawl after the fight intimated by ruddicks corner was something else.
        Tyson broke his jaw and battered him good in the rematch ieven think he knocked him down with a jab ,he had him hurt early as well.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Tyson broke his jaw and battered him good in the rematch ieven think he knocked him down with a jab ,he had him hurt early as well.
          it is amazing it lasted the distance

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
            Here's what people need to understand about Lewis: he was so good he would literally get bored sometimes and doze off mid round. He was daydreaming about warming ganja in Jamaica when he got caught by Rahman and McCall. They weren't huge megastars and he didn't take them seriously. Lennox's only weakness was his complacency,

Tyson though... No way a bull like Tyson gets overlooked or undetected. Lennox would be on his A game, and break him down just like he did in 2002.
            Tyson wasnt even paying attention to Tucker he was busy looking at Givens and it was driving Rooney crazy in between rounds ,how do you come to the conclusion of that when Bruno was also up on the scorecards before slowing down with Lewis ,i think Lewis dosnt beat him in the early 90's certainly not in 80's maybe under Steward in around the 1997 years ,but i dont see any fight that tells me otherwise ,Tyson was that good.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-02-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
              it is amazing it lasted the distance
              They both wanted a k.o ...Ruddock may have struggled here and there ,he was even fired as a Holmes sparring partner years before Tyson for being difficult but i highly doubt any fighter would have lasted 12 rounds at that time against a Tyson that determined to end it ,being 6'3 235 is what kept him from being k.od ,he was a huge HW and motivated always makes a dangerous fighter as we saw with the 6'4 230 Douglas along with Tysons one punch at a time he didnt set anything up ,i also remember on t.v Tyson saying he doesnt have to train hard for his fight with Ruddock ,when the reporter asked why Tysons response was "because its not a difficult fight i just dont"...i know he wouldn't do that with Lewis .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-02-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Well i have read some garbage over the years on boxing forums, but this takes the cake.

Can you imagine Mike Tyson fans claiming: Mike let Buster Douglas win because he felt sorry for Buster who's mother had just died.

Mike was so good that he let Lennox knock him out, because he was bored and thinking about "Warming Ganja" and "Snorting some good Colombian Cocaine"... Any fighter who beat Mike was not a huge megastar and the paying public, did not really know them so Mike didn't take them seriously.

But Mike of 1986-89 would be on his A-Game and take someone like Lennox seriously. Mike would knock out Lennox quicker than McCall or Rahman most likely in the first round.

I'd take Lennox at his worst (2003 fat guy who fought Vitali) over ALL versions of Mike Tyson.

Skinny Lennox that killed Ruddock in 2 would've also got Mike

The only way Tyson has a chance is if they fought in 89 when Lennox was a Prospect.

Comment

Peak Tyson of the Spinks fight would KO Lewis. He would find a way inside the reach using his movement and defensive skill which is often overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    They both wanted a k.o ...Ruddock may have struggled here and there ,he was even fired as a Holmes sparring partner years before Tyson for being difficult but i highly doubt any fighter would have lasted 12 rounds at that time against a Tyson that determined to end it ,being 6'3 235 is what kept him from being k.od ,he was a huge HW and motivated always makes a dangerous fighter as we saw with the 6'4 230 Douglas along with Tysons one punch at a time he didnt set anything up ,i also remember on t.v Tyson saying he doesnt have to train hard for his fight with Ruddock ,when the reporter asked why Tysons response was "because its not a difficult fight i just dont"...i know he wouldn't do that with Lewis .
                    which fight did mike not train douglas /both?

Comment

Best fighters Tyson beat in his prime were:

Larry Holmes KO4 - 48-2 went 24-2 with 2 Heavyweight title fights after loss.
                      Tony Tucker KO2 - 24-1 Former Champion & very good fighter
                      Pinklon Thomas KO6 - 29-1 Former champion very good fighter
                      Tony Tucker 34-0 Undefeated Heavyweight Champion
                      Tyrell Biggs 15-0 Undefeated Olympic Gold Medalist.
                      James Smith - Reigning Champion who had beat Witherspoon & Bruno
                      Michael Spinks 31-0 Reigning Champ, former undisputed 175lb Champion
                      Frank Bruno - 32-2(32) KO Artist who went on to win title 6yrs down line.
                      Carl Williams -22-2 Excellent boxer
                      James"Buster"Douglas - Excellent boxer
                      Alex Stewart 26-1(26) KO Artist who gets destroyed in opening round
                      Razor Ruddock - Top Contender brutally beaten twice

Mike Tyson's prime was "So Short" because he was sent to prison for 5yrs
                      Very informative post which shows Mike beat some real competition. Ultimately a man has no control over who his peers are and can only best those he is pitted against.

Comment

Working...
                      X