No announcement yet.

whos faster: Jones or Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    The halfwits are out of their pens patrolling in force.
    - -We got to herd the Leffys to their teefs so they kin eat...only in boxing!

Comment

Jones for me

Comment

I don't think I've seen any boxer faster than Jones at super middle. That includes, Ali, Patterson, Tyson, Robinson, Mosley, Leonard and Meldrick Taylor.
        Last edited by Sugarj; 05-30-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          I don't think I've seen any boxer faster than Jones at super middle. That includes, Ali, Patterson, Tyson, Robinson, Mosley, Leonard and Medrick Taylor.
          - -Fastest I recall was young Hector Prenosecandy Camacho who was so quick of hand and foot that he could spin a fighter so that he had to slap his behind to let the poor sap know where Hector was now!

Comment

There have been a lot of very fast fighters. Surely Ali and Jones Rank amongst the best. For my money, for this discussion only o would go with Jones. But there are so many guys....Meldrick Taylor comes to mind first and foremost. You have guys like Camacho and Leonard. Guys like Pep And Benny Leonard who speed might not transfer to film. Hard to be accurate here. But in my lifetime of watching boxing...I'd pick Jones. Wouldn't be offended if someone picked another fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              There have been a lot of very fast fighters. Surely Ali and Jones Rank amongst the best. For my money, for this discussion only o would go with Jones. But there are so many guys....Meldrick Taylor comes to mind first and foremost. You have guys like Camacho and Leonard. Guys like Pep And Benny Leonard who speed might not transfer to film. Hard to be accurate here. But in my lifetime of watching boxing...I'd pick Jones. Wouldn't be offended if someone picked another fighter though.
              - -Ain't never seen U magnanimous before?

U OK?

LH contender John Scully said Niko Valuev was the fastest big man he'd ever seen live. Of course Big Niko slowed over his years as his disease that prompted his retirement as it progressed.

He had surgery and reportedly thriving as an elected member of the Russian ship of state.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Ain't never seen U magnanimous before?

U OK?

LH contender John Scully said Niko Valuev was the fastest big man he'd ever seen live. Of course Big Niko slowed over his years as his disease that prompted his retirement as it progressed.

He had surgery and reportedly thriving as an elected member of the Russian ship of state.
                I hardly think Valuev should be seen in the same universe as Ali or Jones. No matter what Iceman John says.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  I hardly think Valuev should be seen in the same universe as Ali or Jones. No matter what Iceman John says.
                  - -No bigger Ali fanatic than IceJohn ever existed.

He weren't comparing to Ali but to the super heavies we have today, but that was some 15+ years ago.

Seen most of Niko fights and he was definitely a raging beast early doors.

Just sayin'!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Fastest I recall was young Hector Prenosecandy Camacho who was so quick of hand and foot that he could spin a fighter so that he had to slap his behind to let the poor sap know where Hector was now!
                    Yes, Camacho certainly was nippy too.

Comment

Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X