No announcement yet.

The young/prime Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    You maybe correct saying "Tyson lost to the best fighters he fought" But you also have to add into the argument his condition. post or pre imprisonment etc.. his addictions, physical condition, lifestyle... if it is universally accepted on this forum that. "He was not focused, the referee counted to fast, he never took him serious, it was a lucky punch, his mind was on other things" for the pitfalls of Lennox Lewis, then the same has to be accepted for every fighter.
    In a tourney where one had to pick lets say 3 or four heavyweights who would win at their best, I would probably pick Ali, Tyson, Dempsey and one other guy...The other guy would not be lewis...It might be Liston.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Mike Tyson was one of the greats of all times. Tyson was the most exciting heavyweight in history and invented PPV TV... In my opinion Evander Holyfield would have beaten Tyson had they fought back in 91, but the likes of Lennox Lewis, Danny Williams & Kevin McBride would all be first round KO victories for pre-1992 Mike Tyson... Drug addiction is what ruined Tyson, which can be said of many others. But none of the others had the superstar potential which Mike Tyson possessed.
      Wow wow wow wow.
      Awful!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
        Wow wow wow wow.
        Awful!
        I look at some of your posts,and think they are alright "SOMETIMES"...what exactly is awful?

Comment

• sometimes he internalized that personal turmoil and used it as motivation and took it out on his opponent

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            I look at some of your posts,and think they are alright "SOMETIMES"...what exactly is awful?
            What's awful is that someone actually believes a pre-1991 Tyson knocks Lewis out in one round. That's hyperbole. That's just a pathetic thing to say and a very disappointing thing to read on the history section.

I often conduct myself properly and respectfully in this section and I'm not so good in the main section but I just had to write that short comment!

Tyson beats Lewis in 1991, possibly via stoppage, but that's because they were at completely different stages of their careers (understatement) but no version of Tyson knocks Lewis out in 3 rounds, AND any prime year version of Tyson loses to post 1994 Lewis!

"Prime Tyson" is the biggest myth in boxing I believe.

Comment

What's awful is that someone actually believes a pre-1991 Tyson knocks Lewis out in one round. That's hyperbole. That's just a pathetic thing to say and a very disappointing thing to read on the history section.

I often conduct myself properly and respectfully in this section and I'm not so good in the main section but I just had to write that short comment!

Tyson beats Lewis in 1991, possibly via stoppage, but that's because they were at completely different stages of their careers (understatement) but no version of Tyson knocks Lewis out in 3 rounds, AND any prime year version of Tyson loses to post 1994 Lewis!

Thats an interesting point about there careers. I always thought they came up together, I do know that they fought unoficially with interesting results. its hard to tell...I personally wouldn't call it hyperbole considering Tyson's displayed ability, though I do think some make it seem like this result is as predictable as getting wet in the rain, which is bogus. I could see it going a number of ways, but a win for either guy wouldn't suprise me.

Comment

Tyson is the best 3 rounder at the start usually ,i dont know if he gets the k.o that quick ,it wouldn't shock me anywhere from round 1 to round 5 .Lewis was rocked by Bruno,Briggs ,was knocked out by Rhaman and McCall....Lewis under Steward was more cautious but i see no Lewis that beats him,arguably Mercer had him in trouble too.

The biggest myth anyone can see ,defense /offense ,speed ,power ,footwork ,and was effective with every type of punch....myth?If you say so.

Comment

• Which one is the better biography on Tyson, anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Which one is the better biography on Tyson, anyone?
                    His own book, Undisputed Truth I'd recommend reading. I ****ing love Mike, man, I got his book, DVD's, shirts etc and you learn a lot about the guy reading it and TBH after finishing it, I came away absolutely convinced Ali would have absolutely smoked Tyson. This is a guy who just couldn't be arsed after becoming undisputed champion and contemplated retirement just before Pinklon Thomas. I mean Pinklon Thomas? He was breaking down way before Don King ever came into the picture, that's a fact. King just used the situation to his advantage. It was Mike who became obsessed with drugs, women, partying, food and coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                      His own book, Undisputed Truth I'd recommend reading. I ****ing love Mike, man, I got his book, DVD's, shirts etc and you learn a lot about the guy reading it and TBH after finishing it, I came away absolutely convinced Ali would have absolutely smoked Tyson. This is a guy who just couldn't be arsed after becoming undisputed champion and contemplated retirement just before Pinklon Thomas. I mean Pinklon Thomas? He was breaking down way before Don King ever came into the picture, that's a fact. King just used the situation to his advantage. It was Mike who became obsessed with drugs, women, partying, food and coke.
                      I'm especially interested in getting more insight into the time around him becoming champ, the time everything started to disintegrate and the background for it. His firing of Rooney, etc. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                      X