No announcement yet.

hardest heavyweight puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you watched the vid i put up. man, he made norton fly!hahaha
    I've seen most Foreman fights with Frazier and Norton being the fights showing his power against two great fighters. Just hearing "Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!" sends chill down my spine and seeing Norton lifted is also a good laugh.

thats what i was thinking. theres also some jokers on here that think rocky hits harder then tyson
    No way Rocky hits harder than Tyson. Tyson was a beast.

I'm not putting Cooney near the top. 1st place is Foreman and Shavers, with the likes of Lyle, Tyson, Frazier following. Marciano is probably 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
      marciano over tyson and louis?
      It wasn't in any particular order.

Comment

yea i know. knocking out middleweights like ezzard charles and knocking out 230+lb. hw's like frank bruno are two different things.

ezzard charles 192lb when he was knocked out by marciano. does that sound like a middleweight too you?

muhammad ali in his prime weighed 201lb in the rematch vs henry cooper. only 9lb heavier than ezzard charles when marciano knocked him out.

192lb is a lot different than 160lb. so please dont call charles a middleweight.

funny how he critisizes marciano for knocking out a former middleweight, but doesnt critisize jack johnson for getting knocked out by 5'8 165lb joe choynski or getting knocked down by THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieQ49
          ezzard charles 192lb when he was knocked out by marciano. does that sound like a middleweight too you?

muhammad ali in his prime weighed 201lb in the rematch vs henry cooper. only 9lb heavier than ezzard charles when marciano knocked him out.

192lb is a lot different than 160lb. so please dont call charles a middleweight.

funny how he critisizes marciano for knocking out a former middleweight, but doesnt critisize jack johnson for getting knocked out by 5'8 165lb joe choynski or getting knocked down by THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
          charles was 33 when he fought marciano, so of course he's gonna weigh more than his prime weight.

and choynski weighed about 170 and johnson only weighed 180, so that's only a 10lb. difference. and the ketchel fight was scripted. it was planned to be a no decision, but ketchel wanted to get big and fought for real and knocked him down. johnson wasn't expecting that, seeing as how it wasn't supposed to be a real fight anyway. well, you know what happened when johnson got up, lol!!

oh, and ali weighed that much because cooper was only about 180. so ali purposely lost weight.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
            charles was 33 when he fought marciano, so of course he's gonna weigh more than his prime weight.

and choynski weighed about 170 and johnson only weighed 180, so that's only a 10lb. difference. and the ketchel fight was scripted. it was planned to be a no decision, but ketchel wanted to get big and fought for real and knocked him down. johnson wasn't expecting that, seeing as how it wasn't supposed to be a real fight anyway. well, you know what happened when johnson got up, lol!!

oh, and ali weighed that much because cooper was only about 180. so ali purposely lost weight.
            at the age of 33 a HW should still be in their prime, look at modern day HWs, most of the top guys are over 30. I just read what SuzieQ was saying, you are saying Edzzard Charles was a middleweight at 192lbs? LMAO, your a moron. Thats more than Marciano ever weighed!

Your a embarassment to Muhammad Ali fans, please take him out of your sig.
            Last edited by Hous; 05-07-2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
              at the age of 33 a HW should still be in their prime, look at modern day HWs, most of the top guys are over 30. I just read what SuzieQ was saying, you are saying Edzzard Charles was a middleweight at 192lbs? LMAO, your a moron. Thats more than Marciano ever weighed!

charles is a natural middleweight/lighthw and fought at that weight for several years.

and 33 years is not someone's prime. prime is like 25-29 or something like that. charles prime is when he fought moore and people like that. he was past his prime when he fought marciano, this is a fact. and you're not in any position to call me a moron, seeing as you said that archie moore has an iron chin lol, and that marciano's competition is one of the best p4p in boxing history, even more LOL! we all know moore has p4p one of the worst chins in boxing history, and that marciano is known for beating up on either past their prime champions, overrated ranked contenders, or just complete bums.

i have spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous

At the age of 33 a HW of the past should not be in their primes. Boxing isn't as tough as it was, they fought harder and as a result it took a toll on their bodies. Today the top guys are over 30, but never have they gone through the punishment that Frazier, Ali, Marciano etc did. I believe Ezzard Charles was declining however was still a formidable opponent. Rocky Marciano may have been relatively light but he had the frame of a 200 pound man.
                Last edited by Heckler; 05-07-2006, 10:34 PM.

Comment

There is a different between physical prime and Skill Prime, Physical prime last alot longer then skill prime. Whereas your skill prime may be around 27ish-35ish (some fighters are exceptions like Walcott,Tyson, i think Lennox Lewis to), usually your physical prime doesn't happen until you mature completely which is usually around 29ish. Your skills tend to diminish about your mid 30's (varies fighter to figther) your physical prime probably last after you retire and only ends when your body goes down hill (40's-50's)

Tyson's prime was when he was 86' - 90' but his physical prime wasn't until about early to mid 90's

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
                    At the age of 33 a HW of the past should not be in their primes. Boxing isn't as tough as it was, they fought harder and as a result it took a toll on their bodies. Today the top guys are over 30, but never have they gone through the punishment that Frazier, Ali, Marciano etc did. I believe Ezzard Charles was declining however was still a formidable opponent. Rocky Marciano may have been relatively light but he had the frame of a 200 pound man.

prime isnt based on age

Comment

wut about in the first marciano fight when ezzard charles was 32 years old and weighed 185lb in there fight?

did u know ezzard charles won the title in 1949 vs walcott weighing 182lb just 3lb less than in the first fight with marciano.

so wuts this prime weight crap?

joe choynksi WAS NOT 170lb, he was closer to 160lb

butterfly, did marciano ever fight a man under 170lb?

did marciano ever get knocked down by a middleweight champion?

did marciano ever get knocked out by a 5'8 165lb man?

why did muhammad ali weigh 206lb vs liston in the rematch? cause he wanted to lose weight for 218lb liston?

Comment

Working...
                      X