Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman vs Frazier (1) The Referee said!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman vs Frazier (1) The Referee said!

Reading Hall of Fame referee Arthur Mercante's Autobiography and he say's that in the Foreman vs Frazier fight that, When he called a halt to the fight, Frazier was "ready to continue" and that Foreman was `Knackered`blowing very hard...This is a very surprising comment, considering how we see the fight on film.

I'm not quite sure the man who faced Foreman that night was human.

R.I.P. Smokin' Joe..

Comment

Wow! Mjnd blown. Amazing! Only adds to the mistique of Joe Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Reading Hall of Fame referee Arthur Mercante's Autobiography and he say's that in the Foreman vs Frazier fight that, When he called a halt to the fight, Frazier was "ready to continue" and that Foreman was `Knackered`blowing very hard...This is a very surprising comment, considering how we see the fight on film.
        "Frazier was ready to continue" Frazier could barely stand on his own and offered no resistance.

I know what I saw and nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

Comment

You can clear your head and still not have your equalibrium under control. That maybe what Arthur saw, however that would not be enough to let a man continue. Frazier was a very proud man and more than willing as a fighter.
          The Foreman match up wasn't right against him, it happens.

Ray.

Comment

Joe was on his way to being very seriously hurt but had no quit in him. The stoppage was definably in the best interest of his health.

Comment

na, not buying it but I do think Foreman was huffing, his shoulders slumped a bit as Frazier got up for the 18th time

Comment

Frazier was completely done. He had a severe cut on his lip which needed 14 stitches.

However, I distinctly remember reading Foreman say that he was totally winded when the fight was stopped.

Comment

Working...
                X