Was Holmes vs Norton the last great HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not...even....close.

Comment

A recent fight that I really liked was chisora-haye... Huge grudge match and was a shootout.. Probably haye's greatest moment at heavy...

Comment

the sad thing is larry is still bitter with a chip on his shoulder to this day. you would think hed have grown up and shown some humility by now with the credit he now gets. he was a great boxer but an insecure ahole as a person. it was a great fight tho

Comment

moorer vs cooper was a classic. reminded me so much of foreman/lyle. a slugfest with kd's on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            A recent fight that I really liked was chisora-haye... Huge grudge match and was a shootout.. Probably haye's greatest moment at heavy...
            Great choice!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              the sad thing is larry is still bitter with a chip on his shoulder to this day. you would think hed have grown up and shown some humility by now with the credit he now gets. he was a great boxer but an insecure ahole as a person. it was a great fight tho
              I got to interview Holmes once, and I wouldn't say he was an a-hole. He was actually very gracious and a pretty cool guy. He is a little insecure, perhaps; but he was dissed for quite some time and is proud of all his achievements both in and outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                I got to interview Holmes once, and I wouldn't say he was an a-hole. He was actually very gracious and a pretty cool guy. He is a little insecure, perhaps; but he was dissed for quite some time and is proud of all his achievements both in and outside the ring.
                you must have lucked out and caught him on a very good day. every interview I ever see of him he seems bitter and always talk negatively about other fighters. in fact,, I don't ever once recall him saying anything good about any other fighter besides himself. I could understand him being bitter back in the day but he gets plenty of praise now
                Last edited by beez721; 02-12-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Tua vs Ibeabuchi

Comment

Holmes/Norton is one the greatest fights ever. It is amazing that heavyweights back then could battle hard for 15 rounds.

Comment

I wouldn't say it was the LAST great heavyweight fight but there certainly is a nostalgic feel to it in retrospect....

Comment

Working...
                      X