No announcement yet.

Natural cruisers vs heavyheavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    I mean we just saw 210lb Cunningham, not a puncher, drop 6''9 250lb Fury like a sack of ****. So is it really unimaginable that histories greatest punchers weighing a little less could do the same to Wlad, a man who has been stopped 3x before?
    Brewster and Sanders were blown up cruiser weights, so yes it's definitely possible.

Comment

The best are always the best, which means that past champions would also compete today, and vice versa. If you throw Dempsey into the HW division today, most of these giants would fold.

Comment

Size is always an advantage, but historically, tall guys were never that good. Guys like the Klitschkos and Lennox Lewis are the exception rather than the rule.

Didn't really read OP so don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          The best are always the best, which means that past champions would also compete today, and vice versa. If you throw Dempsey into the HW division today, most of these giants would fold.
          I agree with this.

There's a reason why the best became the best. For whatever era they were in. It would be nice to have a premier league where you could match all the champions in a league where everybody would have to fight each other, and only each other.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            lol I wonder where you got that quote from.
            i should have cited ray c!

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              Brewster and Sanders were blown up cruiser weights, so yes it's definitely possible.
              I don't know if you're joking or not, but what makes you say that Brewster and (especially) Sanders were blown up cruiserweights? They were well above 200 lbs their entire careers.

Comment

Corrie Sanders was nothing but a bloated golfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I don't know if you're joking or not, but what makes you say that Brewster and (especially) Sanders were blown up cruiserweights? They were well above 200 lbs their entire careers.
                  Look at sanders weight on boxing rec. he was almost a cruiser in the early part of his career and when he did hit around 225 he was fat. He could have easily trimmed back a few and been in the cruiserweight division. Brewster was pretty lite as well earlier in his career and he was a cruiser in the amateurs. Most of the best heavies are boxers who could have made cruiserweight at some point, even Wlad was a cruiser in the amateurs to accomodate Vitali. Cruiserweights are NOT small like most people assume, it's quite common for cruisers to go up to 230lbs when they're not fight and trimming down in camp. In fact usyk (someone who I think could become an atg) was up at 250lbs and he made the cruiser limit!

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    All I'll say on this now is if Jack Dempsey at 6''0 and 185lbs can stop Jess Willard at 6''6 and 245, thats proof that he other great punchers like Marciano, Louis and Frazier would have a punchers chance vs Wlad and the other super heavies.

Once you get over the 170-180 mark a man in shape who can punch has the capability to take out ANYONE.
                    not that I don't agree these smaller heavies could pummel Wlad but isn't there a rumour Dempsey had horse shoes in his gloves or something... loaded anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                      not that I don't agree these smaller heavies could pummel Wlad but isn't there a rumour Dempsey had horse shoes in his gloves or something... loaded anyways
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263497

Comment

Working...
                      X