No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs the giants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Well Foreman's fist obviously weren't 11 inches. Ali's were 13. Foreman's were probably also the size of Liston's.

But by all accounts, everyone always said Liston had massive hands.
    But Elroy told me that Liston was a cruiserweight.

If you take a fabric measuring tape and set it at 15 inches, it is scary to think of fists that big. No wonder Liston was able to dominate with just his jab if he needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

If you take a fabric measuring tape and set it at 15 inches, it is scary to think of fists that big. No wonder Liston was able to dominate with just his jab if he needed to.
      That jab was more hurtful than most right hands today.

The only jab I've seen come close to Liston's, or at least the way he just snapped the opponents head back with that ramrod telephone pole, was funnily enough, George Foreman's.

Comment

The only jab I've seen come close to Liston's, or at least the way he just snapped the opponents head back with that ramrod telephone pole, was funnily enough, George Foreman's.
        I dont think foreman ever gets enough credit for that jab. he underused it at times in his first career but it was a sledgehammer when he snapped it out there. can only imagine if he used it as often in his first career as he did later on. that was a weapon

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          I dont think foreman ever gets enough credit for that jab. he underused it at times in his first career but it was a sledgehammer when he snapped it out there. can only imagine if he used it as often in his first career as he did later on. that was a weapon
          He didn't have the boxing brain or patience in his first career. Doubt he hardly knew what a jab was. He was doing demolition jobs on heavyweights in the 70s.

In his second career, phew, I mean even though mostly against limited opponents that jab knocked teeth out. It was a strong weapon.

Comment

He didn't have the boxing brain or patience in his first career. Doubt he hardly knew what a jab was. He was doing demolition jobs on heavyweights in the 70s.

In his second career, phew, I mean even though mostly against limited opponents that jab knocked teeth out. It was a strong weapon.
            yea,,,I used to be in awe of the way hed snap opponents head back with that jab. theyd be looking up at the lights. never seen anyone else's jab make opponents react like that. its a damn shame he retired for all those years still in his prime. imagine what could have been if he didnt retire after the young fight and adopted his old style back then. he could have been goat perhaps
            Last edited by beez721; 02-03-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Those guys all lose the advantage of being able to hug and lean on guys vs Foreman. Foreman was way too strong for that ****, he'd push them back and unload his clubbing swinging punches.I dont think its a good matchup for any of them.

Comment

Lewis could be a challenge because he knows lateral moves could keep George resetting his feet often. The others don't have any boxing awareness, their opponents always stand right in front of them like Foreman will except Foreman will KO them.
                Foreman would KO all of them. Only Lewis is an A fighter the bros are C+ B-
                abilities.
                Ray

Comment

I remember him landing a jab on Holyfield that actually rocked Evander a few steps and snapped his head backwards. And thats on one of the ATG chins.

Comment

I agree. Foreman and Liston had very similar jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

One of the slowest cruiserweights ever I'm told

Comment

Working...
                      X