Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Tyson had wound up fighting Oliver Mccall?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
    Truthfully, Mike would have had much trouble with the Atomic Bull. McCall did have a great chin, indeed, and he wasn't scared of Mike...which means he would not have been psyched out.

The biggest stumbling block I see McCall tripping over is the potential for SPS...."Sparring Partner Syndrome." Having been in the ring with Mike on so many occasions, there is always the possibility of him forgetting he was in an actual fight once he got into the swing of things.

But, presuming that didn't happen and this is the same Tyson who faced Douglas in Tokyo, look for a similar result, without the 8th round knockdown. Also, it would be closer as McCall at his best was never as good as Douglas was at his. He wasn't as fluid, nor as mobile. In short, he just wasn't the same type of boxer; but he was tough as nails

McCall either wins by a later round stoppage as Tyson gasses out from the action and lack of conditioning, or he loses a very controversial decision.......as Douglas could have potentially.

Either way, helluva scrap.
    Yeah the sparring syndrome, its amazing how many times that seems to be in effect. Mccall also knows when to tie Mike up. I would have loved to see that scrap.

Comment

Would have been an epic fight. If the same mike shows up I think McCall kos him.

Comment

McCall was nothing special, Buster Douglas knocked a "physical peak" McCall from pillar to post.. Tyson would slaughter McCall

Comment

Working...
        X