Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best or most shocking examples of great chins being.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson vs Larry Holmes
    Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams II

Comment

#vote larry and recieve 1 quad..vote and pm me for payment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=660650

Vitali-Lennox Lewis..that uppercut was disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I wouldn't necessarily agree. Bert Cooper could crack hard man, and Moorer slugged it out with him. Alex Stewart was a hard puncher too, if I'm not mistaken he messed up Foreman's face real good also - and of course Holyfield - the greatest heavyweight of his time. I think it's fair to say that Moorer was looked at as an established heavyweight with no chin problems.

but yeah, going forward that might have changed, but I'm talking going into the fight. Obviously, I'm not claiming he had a cast iron chin. but I don't think there was anything wrong with it even if he did get dropped before. He always got up and won.

Yeah cooper and Alex Stewart were good bangers.. thats a good point... Kinda forgot about those fights in my earlier post... I guess my own personal opinion leading into the foreman fight was at the time- moorer ok chin...not great, but not fragile...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Mayorga taking Tito's vaunted left hooks, and smiling and dancing...
          He wasn't dancing though. His legs completely gave out. He just tried to hide by fake dancing. He was badly hurt by that and it really messed him up. Not that he would have won, but that lost him whatever chance he had.

Comment

Originally posted by slipcatchroll View Post
            Esteban De Jesus: Knocks down Duran

Wins 58
            Wins by KO 33

Before the Hearns fight Duran had never been in the ring with a power puncher with mean intentions. When you tally up the facts it's really not that surprising considering what Hearns was capable of. But yeah Duran did have a pretty good chin.
            Actually, De Jesus had some very mean power in his left hook, but he was a little like Rodrigo Valdes. In fact, I think that's an excellent comparison. Both guys used their skill to win fights and other attributes across their careers, but they both had incredible power.

Valdes only guy to drop proper Monzon and only guy to KO Briscoe, yet didn't have a good KO % because he didn't fight like that was his only tool. Exactly the same with De Jesus. He had a brutally powerful left hook, which was renowned in the day as one of the best, but he had a lot of other things on top that didn't make him rely on it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              Mercer vs Lewis
              Wach vs Wlad
              Povetkin vs Wlad
              mercer\lewis was a go scrap & mercer\witherspoon

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Can't believe no one has said marquez knocking out manny...

Manny has a great chin, hadn't been dropped since he was a teenager over a decade and a half ago...

Marquez putting him to sleep, was shocking
                He'd been dropped a couple of times since then and well into his twenties, and hurt numerous times though too, so while it was shocking, it wasn't like it was impossible. He'd shown he could be hurt and dropped, and Marquez had been able to hurt him clearly in each of their fights. He just hadn't been quite going hell for leather on power bombs like he did in the fourth. He hurt him pretty bad in all three of the first fights though, particularly the right hand, left hook that buckled the ****e out of Manny at the start of the second fight...left hook was just a little too long though and he caught him with it at the very end where his power had gone from it.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  -Hearns vs Duran
                  -Valdez vs Briscoe
                  -Tyson vs Holmes
                  -Johnson vs Ketchel
                  -Sandler vs Pep
                  -Canelo vs Baldomir

I like this topic, this is always a very intense and amazing moment in the sport when it happens.
                  Never considered Larry Holmes as having a great chin.Very, very good, not great, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                    Never considered Larry Holmes as having a great chin.Very, very good, not great, however.
                    Getting up from one of, if not the hardest shots ever landed and only being ko'd once in 75 fights past prime against one of the hardest and best punchers ever. Definitely a great chin, just not Hagler-tier.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      Getting up from one of, if not the hardest shots ever landed and only being ko'd once in 75 fights past prime against one of the hardest and best punchers ever. Definitely a great chin, just not Hagler-tier.
                      yeah, a very, very, good chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X