No announcement yet.

Wlad vs Marciano's contenders.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

he wonât beat Ezzard Charles. The skill gap is too high. Even Haye held his own vs charles and Haye has no skills/craft just wide hayemakers. Brewster also slept Wlad.

Charles will easily avoid his jab and right hand and counter him, maybe not a stoppage but a UD.

the rest is up for debate, not all of them are great fighters but game. And Wlad simply isnt an ATG fighter so its hard to say how he does.

I wonât go as far as to say Marciano had the best resume, his resume is decent but not great. Marciano for me is great from a p4p perspective, but never got to really send the message he could have.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

he wonât beat Ezzard Charles. The skill gap is too high. Even Haye held his own vs charles and Haye has no skills/craft just wide hayemakers. Brewster also slept Wlad.

Charles will easily avoid his jab and right hand and counter him, maybe not a stoppage but a UD.

the rest is up for debate, not all of them are great fighters but game. And Wlad simply isnt an ATG fighter so its hard to say how he does.

I wonât go as far as to say Marciano had the best resume, his resume is decent but not great. Marciano for me is great from a p4p perspective, but never got to really send the message he could have.
      Moore, another legend, vs. Jimmy I thought you said the rest were up for debate. All these guys look obsolete and not close to as advanced as That guy Wlad fought a crazy idiot exposed again,

showing you don't watch matches. All these guys look trash.

Last edited by Ascended; 04-09-2024, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Wlad would beat all of these LHWs and small cruisers and by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Wlad would beat all of these LHWs and small cruisers and by stoppage.
          1st round they all were novices in rocks time compared to guys in '70s-'90s do you not see all the fights I posted and on the 2nd page I posted Wlad 4th match with a guy way more advanced than The whole Era Rock fought in

Where did you get stoppage from they don't look like they would land
          Last edited by Ascended; 04-09-2024, 04:36 PM.
          Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

I have Rocky himself at 50/50 vs the lummox. The lummox was not very good. Not only will Vlad not win 10 fights in 10 nights, he is almost certain to be KOd somewhere along the line. His stork legs cannot last. As soon as he is hit good his legs will go stork, as they always did.

This is a good chance to put up my favorite boxing poem, which is too long for the signature.

On Hurricane Jackson
            Alan Dugan

Now his nose’s bridge is broken, one eye
            will not focus and the other is a stray;
            trainers whisper in his mouth while one ear
            listens to itself, clenched like a fist;
            generally shadowboxing in a smoky room,
            his mind hides like the aching boys
            who lost a contest in the Panhellenic games
            and had to take the back roads home,
            but someone else, his perfect youth,
            laureled in newsprint and dollar bills,
            triumphs forever on the great white way
            to the statistical Sparta of the champs.

Alan Dugan

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended View Post

1st round they all were novices in rocks time compared to guys in '70s-'90s do you not see all the fights I posted and on the 2nd page I posted Wlad 4th match with a guy way more advanced than The whole Era Rock fought in

Where did you get stoppage from they don't look like they would land
              As much as this section doesn't like it, many early 20th century fighters were essentially traveling hobos fighting for their next meal or booze money. They don't compare to the modern athlete, if David Tua fought in the 1920s-40s he would be undefeated world champion with close to a perfect ko%.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

As much as this section doesn't like it, many early 20th century fighters were essentially traveling hobos fighting for their next meal or booze money. They don't compare to the modern athlete, if David Tua fought in the 1920s-40s he would be undefeated world champion with close to a perfect ko%.
                Well Dave was way more advanced even as an amateur
                Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended View Post

Well Dave was way more advanced even as an amateur
                  The old time fighters were tough rugged guys no doubt but just watch those films the skills was very lacking, life is cushy now a top fighter like Devin Haney never had to have a job just came up in the AM system and had from when he was a kid until now to worry about nothing but training and developing techniques.

Comment

The old time fighters were tough rugged guys no doubt but just watch those films the skills was very lacking, life is cushy now a top fighter like Devin Haney never had to have a job just came up in the AM system and had from when he was a kid until now to worry about nothing but training and developing techniques.
                    Well i posted vids no average fighter made midcard fighting like any guy in the 20s-50s in 70s-90s that's not a coincidence

How exactly were those guys so tough that quote has been said for years,their tech was horrible of course they were tough anybody would be vs that, put them with way more advanced fighters they wouldn't be seen as that
                    Last edited by Ascended; 04-09-2024, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I always figured Marciano's T-rex stubs would be difficult to clinch securely for a big un'. I believe he can break loose inside where big un's don't like to be and where (in their chest) he is nearly invulnerable to an ogre like Klitschko. The big boys will be backing up all night trying to find range, reducing their own punching power.

But he probably licks all Marciano's opposition anyway.
                      Last edited by Slugfester; 04-14-2024, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X