Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to go back to 15 rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 rounds is too dangerous if two well conditioned world class fighter go at it for so long. 12 rounds is perfect and not that boring imo. Its just so sad about the whole Kim fight that so many people died because of that fight.

I don't wanna go offtopic that much but i remember seeing a docu of a fight between a Puerto Rican and black fighter were the PR died. Do you guys know about this?

Comment

I wish the old 15 rounders would return. Seperates the men from the boys, the champs from the chumps. Also we should just have one world champion for each division.

It would be great to see to highly trained fighters have a 15 rounder for the one and only world heavyweight title. This would bring peoples interest back into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow
        i dont know if theyll ever go 15 rounds since after mancini killed duk koo kim r sumthing in the ring back in the 80s they("scientist, experts") found out the 13, 14, and 15th rounds r the rounds the most damage happens, but what the hell do they know? lol but its probobly true since thats a long time to fight.
        Yep thats true, fatige and dehydration rapidly increases the chances of brain injury, hence the cut to 12, imagine some of the recent wars going 15 rounds, imagine Lacy having to do another 3 with Calzaghe in the state he was in, he would have been hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
          I wish the old 15 rounders would return. Seperates the men from the boys, the champs from the chumps. Also we should just have one world champion for each division.

It would be great to see to highly trained fighters have a 15 rounder for the one and only world heavyweight title. This would bring peoples interest back into boxing.
          yea seperate the men from the bitchs

Comment

I believe it would be more exciting for us to watch and show the pretenders to contenders and also is physically more capable but for them it would be hell if they changed it back to 15 rounds cuz like near the 9th round there almost all out of power think of 15 ,**** I know i'd die in the ring after
            that but like i said i gotta admit as long as not to many people were dieing it would be crazy ass fights.

Comment

Yeah, we can see a diffirence between the contenders and pretenders..and maybe see some people die in the ring..awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
                15 rounds is too dangerous if two well conditioned world class fighter go at it for so long. 12 rounds is perfect and not that boring imo. Its just so sad about the whole Kim fight that so many people died because of that fight.

I don't wanna go offtopic that much but i remember seeing a docu of a fight between a Puerto Rican and black fighter were the PR died. Do you guys know about this?
                yepp ive seen it on a documentary and the guy died way before the 15th round.

the death in the kim fight was because off bad reffing, i want the 15 rounders back

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
                  Although I don't think a boxer wants to die in the ring, I belive every boxer is aware that in between those ropes their is a chance he may die. But a fighter knows that risk and accpets it.
                  Originally posted by yaman
                  Yeah, we can see a diffirence between the contenders and pretenders..and maybe see some people die in the ring..awesome.
                  people die in just about every sport, it happens. it used to happen a more in boxing before day-before weighins and mandatory catscans. this is not a sport where its an unexpected tragedy when someone dies. in boxing, people... will... die.
                  look at the woman in colorado, an amateur with 30+ fights, in perfect health. she took a weak left hook to the headgear from another woman wearing 14oz gloves, and suffered an aneurism and died.
                  last year in the whole world there were (if i remember right) 8 or 12 fatalities. more people died playing american football. how many died playing soccer? baseball? the only reason people get pissy about death in boxing in that the other guy is TRYING to hurt the opponent. its tragic but its gonna happen. to prevent death in boxing you dont need less boxing, you need more screening, more preparation.

Originally posted by ferocity
                  I think it would be good to see 15 rounds again or how about have the 15 rounds for rematchs? Anytime a rematch take place, it would be mandatory for the fighters to fight in a 15 round Championship fight
                  i agree, or for any real championship it could be 15 rounds. they should do a poll of all the champions fighting right now, ask them if they would be opposed to fighting 15 rounds in title fights. i bet you wouldnt find very many at all opposed to it. ****, there were thousands of non title fights that went at least 12 rounds for what, 8 or 9 decades, at least? 3 more can only help to prove who the better boxer is.

Comment

i've seen the doo kuu kim fight, the fight was pretty close until the last couple of rounds when mancini just dominated, plus i think it was like 100 degrees that day, and the fight was outside.

Comment

12 rounds is more than enough time to find who was the better fighter that night. Just because they have energy left does not mean that they have to use it. Remember that these are people sustaining irreversible damage. 12 rounds is long enough.

Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X