No announcement yet.

new HOF ballot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Maybe finally something positive for Rid**** Bowe after so many years of self-destruction? I think he should get in for his ATG fights with Holyfield and generally the incredible performances and skills he showed during his run. Also for the brutal Golota fights that ruined his health and showed some of the greatest heart I've ever seen from a fighter. Really too bad that he'll always be the biggest what-if in HW history along with Ibeabuchi though.
    I should have made room for Bowe on the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      I should have made room for Bowe on the poll.
      Make another thread and poll with the guys you couldn't list... Title it PART 2

I think this is a great topic and the 2nd list of guys is more interesting since it isn't quite as clear

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Tyson ducked plenty of guys..

My point being guys like Bowe, Tyson, toney are proven great fighters that have a what-if about their professionalism and what-if they had Hopkins type discipline, they would be monster and very high on atg lists..

Guys like Ike, Valero never proved anything and what-if is what-if they could have landed meaningful fights and not thrown away their careers

2 different types if what-ifs,,, that's why I wouldn't compare bowe and Ike
        Tyson fought all of the belt holders during his first run and then Spinks, Holmes, Holyfield 2x and lewis. That is by far most of the greats of his era. He also has a lot of common opponents with Bowe, most of them were worse when they faced Rid****. A shot Tyson also did better against Golota than a shot Bowe did.

Bowe fought Holyfield(who was smaller at the time too). That's it. Threw the belt in the trash instead of facing Lewis, was too out of shape amongst other reasons to fight Tyson, Moorer, Morrison, Tua etc. His legacy is built on classic fights against a much smaller man who was not far removed from a smaller weight class.

Those two are not even in the same universe when it comes to fighting the best of their time. That's why I think Bowe is the biggest what-if in HW boxing.

Comment

Make another thread and poll with the guys you couldn't list... Title it PART 2

I think this is a great topic and the 2nd list of guys is more interesting since it isn't quite as clear
          Since there are exactly 10 more names that seems to make sense. I'll get that out during the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
            Tyson fought all of the belt holders during his first run and then Spinks, Holmes, Holyfield 2x and lewis. That is by far most of the greats of his era. He also has a lot of common opponents with Bowe, most of them were worse when they faced Rid****. A shot Tyson also did better against Golota than a shot Bowe did.

Bowe fought Holyfield(who was smaller at the time too). That's it. Threw the belt in the trash instead of facing Lewis, was too out of shape amongst other reasons to fight Tyson, Moorer, Morrison, Tua etc. His legacy is built on classic fights against a much smaller man who was not far removed from a smaller weight class.

Those two are not even in the same universe when it comes to fighting the best of their time. That's why I think Bowe is the biggest what-if in HW boxing.

You compared bowe to Ike.... All I'm saying is that's an unfair comparison to bowe since he was an actual champ with legit top level wins, and Ike never reached that level...

Comment

Well you're certainly right about that, Bowe was more proven and all. I just think that those two are top 2 in terms of heavyweights not reaching their potential that's why I mentioned them together.

Comment

though choices!

Comment

Thought genero was already in..

Gilberto roman and rid**** bowe, maske all could get in possibly.. I'm not familiar enough with most of the others to have a good answer..

Lockridge is a no
                  Gernaro is in the WBHOF but not the IBHOF.

Comment

Strange that Mancini is not already in there.....exciting fighter and exactly the sort of guy that they tend to pick.

I'd like to see Glyn Leach be inducted in the Observer category....Glyn was an exceptional journalist and editor who produced a great ****zine.

Comment

Working...
                    X