No announcement yet.

Knockouts that surprised you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
    I was genuinely worried that Williams had died. I basically mean sudden stoppage wins but Martinez-Williams 2 is one of the first ones I thought of. The ref immediately stepped in to stop it when he touched the canvas.

i felt the sam way when ricky hatton was on his back in vegas against manny. i wasn't sure he would get up. pacquiao was at the height of his powers, and at his true weight of around 135-140 lbs, and i knew it would end via knockout.

i remember turning to a friend and saying, "this is boxing, man. he might not get back up."

i actually picked a second round knockout. it's too bad i didn't make a bet

Comment

Danny Garcias KO of Erik Morales.

Rosado of Vera

JMM of Pac

Pac of Cotto

Cotto of Martinez

Mosley of Smiling Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i felt the sam way when ricky hatton was on his back in vegas against manny. i wasn't sure he would get up. pacquiao was at the height of his powers, and at his true weight of around 135-140 lbs, and i knew it would end via knockout.

i remember turning to a friend and saying, "this is boxing, man. he might not get back up."

i actually picked a second round knockout. it's too bad i didn't make a bet
        Man but tbh I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting a bet related to someone dying in the ring. I'm all for knockouts and know that some things just come with the sport but I'm pleased hatton wasn't too hurt by it.

Also part of me wishes pacquiao never moved up to welter. From 135 to 140 he was great but at 147 he just doesn't seem as fast. Speed kills.

Two other knockouts which come to mind are hearns-Duran and khan-Prescott.

I remember when I first got into boxing that was the first ko I'd ever seen and the first ever footage of Hearns. Not long after I couldn't believe that Duran was the one getting stopped.

I don't know about how khan's early career was covered, if at all, in the us but the Prescott ko was surprising since nobody expected this Olympian to get stopped so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
          Man but tbh I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting a bet related to someone dying in the ring. I'm all for knockouts and know that some things just come with the sport but I'm pleased hatton wasn't too hurt by it.

Also part of me wishes pacquiao never moved up to welter. From 135 to 140 he was great but at 147 he just doesn't seem as fast. Speed kills.

Two other knockouts which come to mind are hearns-Duran and khan-Prescott.

I remember when I first got into boxing that was the first ko I'd ever seen and the first ever footage of Hearns. Not long after I couldn't believe that Duran was the one getting stopped.

I don't know about how khan's early career was covered, if at all, in the us but the Prescott ko was surprising since nobody expected this Olympian to get stopped so quickly.

that was basically the first i had seen from khan as well.

"there's this british kid with freaking ridiculous handspeed named amir khan..." then i heard a loud "boom" and he was on the ground,

Comment

Barkley over Hearns.

Toney over Nunn

Jackson over Graham

Chavez over Taylor

Comment

Brewster over Golata.... it was in Chicago and you could see the large Polish contingency unfurling flags and before a single flag was out Golata was down and out.

Comment

Marquez icing manny....

I was stunned

Comment

Corrales Castillo I .....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Just recently the Froch-Groves KO stunned me.
                    +1 recent froch-groves wtf! i remember looking away for a split second, turned back, and was like "where'd groves go?!?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                      +1 recent froch-groves wtf! i remember looking away for a split second, turned back, and was like "where'd groves go?!?!?"
                      I was watching a live stream while skyping a friend who was watching the same stream except there was a slight delay so I saw everything 3 or 4 seconds before him. I remember he was streaming some other stuff, I think it was mma, and he just heard me going crazy on the other end. By the time he turned on thd stream he just saw the ref waving off the fight and he was like wtf happened!?

Comment

Working...
                      X