No announcement yet.

Temple shots and diving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bennyhill View Post
    Of course he could have gotten up. It's very respectable that you can admit the obvious considering you have an agenda in favor of Wilder.
    Wtf,,, dude has no agenda for wilder,,, this isn't NSb and posters in history are usually straight talkers with no agenda... Lmao I can't believe you think Scott is a wilder fanboy

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Wtf,,, dude has no agenda for wilder,,, this isn't NSb and posters in history are usually straight talkers with no agenda... Lmao I can't believe you think Scott is a wilder fanboy
      Ha. You describe a guy as a "hard punching heavyweight" and all of the sudden you have an "agenda" with him.

Comment

Temple shot is a horrible punch.. mainly due to the fact, it doesn't have to be delivered particularly hard in order to put a man down.... They knock you out, if only for a split second....but that feeling, is enough to make a fighter think twice b4 getting back up again

Comment

Didn't Lennox score the first kd over ruddock with a mean temple shot, that ruddock never recovered from

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Didn't Lennox score the first kd over ruddock with a mean temple shot, that ruddock never recovered from
            Yes he did, and it was a hard one... Razor did incredibly well to get up from it...

Sven Ottke completely poleaxed Anthony Mundine with a right to the temple, and we all know that Sven couldn't break an egg

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              It is easy to think a fighter took a dive when he is hurt buy a punch that didn't appear damaging. The trend of assuming it is very common these days.
              I personally did not feel the punch or know how much it hurt so I tend to think in most cases it was legit. There are cases where a fighter enters the ring only to collect a payday like the Tor Hamer-Kertson Manswell bout last August, but I think Scott had every intention of winning, until he got hit.

That's just my opinion.
              Yeah, kind of like Douglas-Holyfield or the rematches of Marciano-Walcott and Pryor-Arguello where they gave up after they went down once.

Comment

Yeah Seldon said that after the Tyson fight he got caught on the top part of the head and it dizzied him. Fewer fighters seem to do it as it can injure the hand, even with gloves and wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  Yes he did, and it was a hard one... Razor did incredibly well to get up from it...

Sven Ottke completely poleaxed Anthony Mundine with a right to the temple, and we all know that Sven couldn't break an egg
                  Yeah and Tszyu caught Judah. Tyson caught Berbick etc.

In every one of those instances (except Mundine who was literally in a coma) you had no doubt that the fighter was hurt. Not only could you see it on the legs but also from the expression on their face; totally bewildered and confused.

How did Scott look? Well he looked at Wilder didn't he? I'm sure he could have gotten up.

Comment

Working...
                  X