My rankings: lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    If he is it would be near the bottom.

Likely not in the list though because his lightweight resume is frankly very poor.
    I would agree - I just think a prime Sugar Shane at 135 would give most of these fighters a very tough night's work.

His resume is a little pale compared to most of the others, but I thought he beat Oscar at lightweight - if it was, I think I would have included him somewhere near the bottom of the list. But I would still say someone like Castillo's resume at LW is miles better than Mosley's so it's very hard to say - even if his best win, Casamayor (imo), was a little too tight.

Then again, he could/should have a win over Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I would agree - I just think a prime Sugar Shane at 135 would give most of these fighters a very tough night's work.

His resume is a little pale compared to most of the others, but I thought he beat Oscar at lightweight - if it was, I think I would have included him somewhere near the bottom of the list. But I would still say someone like Castillo's resume at LW is miles better than Mosley's so it's very hard to say - even if his best win, Casamayor (imo), was a little too tight.

Then again, he could/should have a win over Mayweather.
      It's extremely pale.

He just did too little and the not decent guy he fought was Holiday and he struggled in that fight.

Comment

It's extremely pale.

He just did too little and the not decent guy he fought was Holiday and he struggled in that fight.
        Molina was a pretty good fighter I think.

Of course, nothing extremely noteworthy, but probably his best or second best win at LW.

Comment

Isn't this the same thing I was saying about Greb and why he wasn't in my LHW list?
          Not really.

You said you didn't rank Greb at lightheavy cos you don't like ranking guys at more than 1 weight. I don't agree with that. I have several fighters in more than one division. I have Barney Ross in 3.

The guys menetioned were not ranked at lightweight cos I didn't think they had top 20 resumes at 135. But I have all of them ranked at one weight or another.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Molina was a pretty good fighter I think.

Of course, nothing extremely noteworthy, but probably his best or second best win at LW.
            Molina was decent. Keyword being "was".

Not when Shane fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
              Not really.

You said you didn't rank Greb at lightheavy cos you don't like ranking guys at more than 1 weight. I don't agree with that. I have several fighters in more than one division. I have Barney Ross in 3.

The guys menetioned were not ranked at lightweight cos I didn't think they had top 20 resumes at 135. But I have all of them ranked at one weight or another.
              Ah. I misread what you said.

Comment

Working...
              X