No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I agree with you Jab. I just saw a collection of his fights an while he looked awesome against some weaker comp he absolutely took to many shots. he forgot about the defense that he was starting to put together under emanuel Stewrt. In my opinion he would not have beaten Roy.

Comment

Bull****, he used his power to stun opponents then battered them on the ropes, i've seen him box as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Fisted Piston
          I think him & Jones were both peaking at the same time
          Gerald had amazing power and was fast and kept his power through every round...I think he woulda beat Jones
          he was fast, but jones was beyond fast. hasnt been a light heavy or super middle ever with roy jones combination of speed and power.
          it would have been a good fight, no question, but mcclellan wouldnt be as fast or strong and would have to turn boxer, something he wasnt inclined to do. jones would take him out, but it would be late in the fight, from 10 on.

Comment

- -Heh, some fireworks in and out of the ring!

At any rate McC was experiencing debilitating headaches before this fight.

Blame his team, not Nigel.

Comment

McClellan was a halfwitted animal torturer. He was a bum fighter with a hard punch. He did not have a clue how to handle a tough man pressuring him. Stop saying how great he was. His limitations were clearly exposed by Benn, who admittedly headbutted him into an early wheelchair. No matter, it is what he deserved due to his treatment of animals. If Benn had not exposed him he would have been on a lower level after that fight. That is a common occurrence with big punchers lacking skill who get beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                McClellan was a halfwitted animal torturer. He was a bum fighter with a hard punch. He did not have a clue how to handle a tough man pressuring him. Stop saying how great he was. His limitations were clearly exposed by Benn, who admittedly headbutted him into an early wheelchair. No matter, it is what he deserved due to his treatment of animals. If Benn had not exposed him he would have been on a lower level after that fight. That is a common occurrence with big punchers lacking skill who get beat up.
                - -G like Roy fought American Pit Bulls, the most vicious dogs ever bred whose only purpose was to kill.

Not the dogs' fault for being bred that way, but after having to chase off uncounted dozens of free range shelter saved pit bull attacks, my motivation towards their demise if I ever get my hands on them will be their signature calling card in their end.

Stupid people beget stupid, dangerous dogs. We had a lady postal carrier here killed by 3 free ranging curs, and such just boils my blood.

Comment

A sparring partner said about a year before the Benn match Gerald was hurt by a jab and started blinking his eyes like he did in the fight. This tragedy have been the result of an accumulation of damage over the years. It was terrible no matter how it happened.

Comment

There was no tragedy, Tony G. An animal torturer was killed. So Forking what? He used to buy puppies at the local pet shop to feed his fighting dogs. He is dead, and that is a nice thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      It was terrible no matter how it happened.
                      Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      There was no tragedy.
                      The mysterious psychology of boxing. Why do some people choose, of all sports, this occupation? … To celebrate seconds after you hit another human being – whom you don’t necessarily dislike – unconscious. For most people, it’s an uncomfortable thought and against their ethical values … The will of the human mind is complex and enigmatic.

Comment

Working...
                      X