No announcement yet.

Would Joe Louis have stopped George Chavalo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Any day you wake up alive without anything seriously ****ed up with you is a beautiful day.
    Amen my friend, that's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
      In a recent interview, Chuvalo commented on the backside of his former occupation.
      He is fully aware of that he can be struck with sudden dementia tomorrow, so every new day he is waking up healthy, he sees as a gift.
      Shouldn't we all?
      George is now in his mid to upper 70's and is all there mentally and physically is a strong as an horse. George had a rough personal life losing 3 son"s to drug overdoes and his first wife to suicide. He now make countless personal appearance's in school's with anti- drug speech's that are quite effective. We some time's have to salute our fighter's for there compassion and giving back to the community.

Comment

Joe Louis was master at stopping guys who had not been stopped by any others before.
        Galento
        Godoy
        Conn I dont think was stopped by any other than Louis
        Max Baer who definetly had an iron chin.

The combination of his accuracy, combo ability and ability to keep his power till the late rounds would make it likely, he would be teeing off on Chuvalo all night and its hard to not imagine him eventually being stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          See the Max Baer fight.

I think Chuvalo goes out on his knee or his face if they have a ref from Louis' time. Louis' offense would break any chin if it was there for the taking long enough with nothing to keep him honest. I think Chuvalo wouldnt be able to deal with his jab, again, like Baer.

Chuvalo will try to assert his strength and walk into many loaded traps. Eventually he would flinch and Louis would be ready to tee off. Unlike Frazier and Foreman, Louis punches in fast combinations with great accuracy. Itd be a bad ending for a good man.
          This is exactly like how I would see this fight go.

Comment

Working...
          X