Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran Didn't Quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Pacquiao didn't get knocked out by Marquez. His Ambien kicked in at the exact moment when Marquez landed the right hand.

Comment

Exactly. Yes. Yes he did quit. Deal with it.

Comment

I watched the fight and it looked like he quit to me.

Comment

Duran is my favourite fighter of all time but he quit. The story has been done to death because he quit against Leonard and Leonard being the darling of American boxing the story will forever stay within boxing consciousness and be a spurious argument that this makes Leonard better than Duran. Regardless of how annoying all that is Duran did quit and he shouldn't have, it is a blot on his career.

Comment

this one of them things like u could assign an entire class to write an essay on and you might get each kid writing something different. imo this adds to duran's legacy. its like u got 2 guys gettin awards one was a junkee who kicked the habit n came back to the straight path and one guy who just got good grades n resisted the temptation of drugs. the former junkee everyone stands up and cheers for but the second guy, only half cheer for. the other half say boo goody 2 shoes. u know? duran did quit. did say im gettin tortured in here and cant take it no more but generally said fkk it, this guy dont wanna fight n i aint no circus clown but that's still quitting. so if u say he didnt quit u r mistaken. lets see if i can write my little essayish thing bfor i gotta leave, in the last third of fight one which duran did win on points, somewhere in the last third of that fight i could see that if leonard used the right strategy, he would get the better of duran and duran began to play it off by mock cha cha n i thought to myself that duran knows that if ray fought the right fight there wouldnt b much that he could do. he went thru it with dejesus but leonard was so much bigger n stronger than dejesus so bearing down n being more forcefully aggressive wasnt gonna do it with leonard and by any accounts from back in the day duran absolutely hated the losing experience with dejesus so maybe once it became clear that leonard wasnt gonna get suckered into trading with duran, duran just said fkk it, i'm gonna lose anyway so y bother? n if leonard was right when he said that duran may have felt ridiculed, all the more reason to just walk away. u know?

Comment

in my above post, where i said ''did say im gettin tortured'' i meant didnt say im'' . dam screwed my whole point there

Comment

The last word?

Originally posted by toooooool View Post
                Duran didn't quit...
                According to the definition(s) of quit, (here) Duran quit! (As a fan and fellow Panamanian, I wish he hadn't, but he did, and nothing will ever change that...)

Comment

Good job

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I'm glad you said this. I've always felt this way but you saying it validates this fact even more so.
                  Intelligence is rare...good job...We are the few,the proud,the smart Americans.

Comment

Working...
                  X