Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the strongest Chin of all time whos number 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm forced to make only one choice, it would be Chuvalo. The beatings he took from Frazier and Foreman were frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      George Chuvalo did this man ever go down? I see he has two TKOs one against Foreman but he was still standing, and one against Fraizier I presume he was still standing for that too?

Texx Cobb he took Earnie Shavers and everyone elses best shots, but was KOed by some unknown boxer slightly earlier in his career how can that be how can you fight in a way where you take so many head shots from guys like Earnie shavers and Ken Norton but some unknown managed to KO him, how the hell did that happen?

Holyfield has this guy ever been KOed? Properly? 9Tysons punches bounced off his head without bother, took foremans shot, and many other heavy punchers shots)

Ali - he got KOed a few rare times didnt he? But still what a chin!

James Tonney - This guys a middleweight yet he can trade np with heavies and cruisers and has NEVER been KOed or TKOed

Chris Eubank - This guy has NEVER been KOed despite fighting at cruiserweight and against many heavy punchers

Tua - Never been KOed

Whos number one overall and p4p and why do you think that?
      Chuvalo never did touch the canvas no. His favourite saying is: "I may have tasted defeat, but I never tasted the canvas". This guy was tough as nails, and he fought the best. Definitely deserves a mention. But there are many guys out there who had solid chins, and imo it doesn't necessarily depend on whether a fighter went down or not. Foreman was knocked out by Ali, but it was due to exhaustion more than anything. He was down against Lyle as well, but showed a tremendous ability to recuperate. Same thing goes for Ali.

Evander Holyfield had that same incredible chin, that in his prime, I think he only hit the canvas a couple of times against Bowe, but stood upright against some of the biggest punchers in history like Foreman, Tyson and Lewis. Incredible tough old guy, that Holyfield. Joe Bugner is also a good shout - this guy went the distance with some of the best guys and hardest hitters as well. He was only KOd waay past his prime and only stopped once before (which was on cuts I believe to Shavers).

But the ultimate challenger to Chuvalo in terms of best chin in history has to go to Oliver McCall. At least of the guys I've seen footage of. He never went down despite facing some serious punchers. He also took flush shots from Lennox whilst crying with his hands by his side.

Crazy chin. Him and Chuvalo.

Comment

I'll throw out Marvelous Marvin Hagler -- not only for his chin, but for his bullet-head. Not many fighters could have remained standing and coherent after the barrage that Mr. Hearns layed on him. Tommy said Hagler's head was like a rock, and in actuality a weapon.

Honorable mention: Merciless Ray Mercer.

So we've got Marvelous and Merciless.

Comment

oliver mccall would be my vote,,,

Comment

I will go with chavalo but you have all mentioned good chins. Throw in lamotta as well.

Comment

Ali was never KO'd.

I'll go Jake Lamotta.

Comment

Marvin Hagler. I believed this and actually recently read an article on this very subject. Check out what they said

"1. Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Only Juan Roldan, right, could take Marvin Hagler off his feet -- and it was more of a slip than a knockdown.
                In a list of really, really tough guys, Hagler has to be right up there. He was only dropped once, and that was an off-balance flooring against Argentina's rough and rugged Juan Domingo Roldan, whom he otherwise outclassed. Hagler stood up to the best punches of John Mugabi, one of the biggest hitters of the 1980s.
                What puts Hagler at the top of the list, in my view, is the way he took some tremendous punches from Thomas Hearns in their epic three-round war. I doubt very many middleweights could have weathered the Hearns firestorm that night, but Hagler did, and he came back with an even more withering barrage of his own. What a chin -- what a fighter."

Comment

George,LaMotta,Hagler,MaCall,Pocket Rocket are all acceptable. I think those guys are tied for the best chin ever.

Its so weird to me that some guys can just take a beating and not seem to bother them. Then some guys get slapped and are out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by epu View Post
                    Marvin Hagler. I believed this and actually recently read an article on this very subject. Check out what they said

"1. Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Only Juan Roldan, right, could take Marvin Hagler off his feet -- and it was more of a slip than a knockdown.
                    In a list of really, really tough guys, Hagler has to be right up there. He was only dropped once, and that was an off-balance flooring against Argentina's rough and rugged Juan Domingo Roldan, whom he otherwise outclassed. Hagler stood up to the best punches of John Mugabi, one of the biggest hitters of the 1980s.
                    What puts Hagler at the top of the list, in my view, is the way he took some tremendous punches from Thomas Hearns in their epic three-round war. I doubt very many middleweights could have weathered the Hearns firestorm that night, but Hagler did, and he came back with an even more withering barrage of his own. What a chin -- what a fighter."
                    Is that an article about this very subject?

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya was pretty damn solid. He'd go down, but wouldn't get hurt very badly.

Comment

Working...
                      X