Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say George Foreman ! His fall after Ali fight was crazy quick

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
      He had been rated as Top 3 P4P for nearly a decade. I don't know if you can call that a quick decline.

/greeh
      Not talking about his longevity,,,, just the fact that in about 1 year he went from p4p #1, some even calling him the GOAT,,, to never winning a big fight again,, unless you count the tito, lacy, hanshaw as great wins,,,

roy fell off a cliff,,,,,

if not him,,, then who fell off the fastest

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
        I say George Foreman ! His fall after Ali fight was crazy quick
        He did comeback and win the world title,, so yes he had some bumps in the road, but i dont think roy is ever winning a title again, let alone a lineal championship

Comment

But take 2 points into consideration :

1. Roy Jones ruled his division for over a decade , against bunch of good contenders and 2 ATGs
          2. His end was on the hands of Tarver " what did he do next ?! " , so it indicates Roy was on the decline .

On the other hand Foreman sweeping he hottest heavyweight division of all times , toying with ATGs like frazier and Norton , put the GOAT Ali in the underdog position for the last time . So it was shocking , if he had the strong mentality , Foreman had the potential to rule heavyweight division till late 80s

Comment

1. Roy Jones ruled his division for over a decade , against bunch of good contenders and 2 ATGs
            2. His end was on the hands of Tarver " what did he do next ?! " , so it indicates Roy was on the decline .

On the other hand Foreman sweeping he hottest heavyweight division of all times , toying with ATGs like frazier and Norton , put the GOAT Ali in the underdog position for the last time . So it was shocking , if he had the strong mentality , Foreman had the potential to rule heavyweight division till late 80s
            All you say is true,,, but the fact is foreman made a comeback, and roy will never make a comeback....

Foreman at least cameback and won a lineal title,,, and he didnt really fall off,, he lost to young and retired,,, big difference is roy stayed active and never won another meaningful fight and got embarrassed badly when he did take a meaningful fight ie tarver 3, calzaghe, lebedev

Comment

Sonny Liston, finally got his moment and KO'd Floyd twice in the first round and lost it on his second defense.

Comment

liston, foreman, tyson, all are good posts,,

but for the life of me have never seen a guy with roy's status fall completely into a blackhole and never win a meaningful fight again.....

the dude went from hero to zero in less than a year

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Not talking about his longevity,,,, just the fact that in about 1 year he went from p4p #1, some even calling him the GOAT,,, to never winning a big fight again,, unless you count the tito, lacy, hanshaw as great wins,,,

roy fell off a cliff,,,,,

if not him,,, then who fell off the fastest
                  Then I misunderstood the question.

/greeh

Comment

On the other hand Foreman sweeping he hottest heavyweight division of all times , toying with ATGs like frazier and Norton , put the GOAT. in the underdog position for the last time . So it was shocking , if he had the strong mentality , Foreman had the potential to rule heavyweight division till late 80s
                    I think it's the way Jones lost that sticks out in my mind. It wasn't something I could envision until it happened. Foreman never got knocked out or lost like that after Ali. Until the Jimmy Young fight he had some good wins post Ali in Frazier 2 and he destroyed Scott Ledoux for a 10 count which was not easy to do.

I'm sure it was shocking though. But I can't put it in the same category as Jones because of the way Jones lost and his aura of invincibility. I don't think anybody saw that coming. At least I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                      Then I misunderstood the question.

/greeh
                      No problem buddy,, happens to all of us.... We all know you are a legit poster

Comment

Working...
                      X