most dominating performances that go the distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delahoya/Castijello is another.

Comment

I agree that Barrera / Hameed was not really a total whitewash on the cards but I did feel sorry for the guy if he would have only listened to Stewart in the corner and thrown more jabs and punches in general not just looking for the one punch that never happened also the way he would back out with his chin up made the scoring punches by barrera look worse than they were it could have been a much better fight and even could have been a much closer fight but that was the way Hameed always fought and its hard to change to something new when thats all you know

Comment

Holmes vs Tex Cobb. 15 one sided rounds. I couldn't even find a sympathy round to give to Cobb. A couple of weeks later Cobb was a guest on the tonight show and he told Johny Carson that he didn't lose the fight with Holmes, just the first 15 rounds. Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
          I agree that Barrera / Hameed was not really a total whitewash on the cards but I did feel sorry for the guy if he would have only listened to Stewart in the corner and thrown more jabs and punches in general not just looking for the one punch that never happened also the way he would back out with his chin up made the scoring punches by barrera look worse than they were it could have been a much better fight and even could have been a much closer fight but that was the way Hameed always fought and its hard to change to something new when thats all you know
          If Hamed would have tried to throw more punches, Barrera would have knocked him out.

Comment

Barrera might have knocked him out yes but a jab every now and then would have helped his cause he just kept jumping in at him and getting popped for his efforts a good jab and following it with power after blinding with the jab he might have even scored a knock down or two I think overall the inactivity killed him I remember watching training footage of both fighters and even in the gym Hameed was so certain he was gonna knock him out he did not train like a boxer and even on the heavy and speed bags he was doing that dumb shnit jumping at the bags and landing one punch and doing it again it could have been a fight for the ages but instead it was a joke I have always liked barrera but Hameed could have tested him

Comment

I'll agree on Barrera-Hamed. Other than that, most fights by guys like Whitaker, Jones, Mayweather, even Leonard in their early days/prime are pretty one sided decisions. I could probably throw in Tyson's 5 decision wins, like the ones against Mich Green, Smith, Ruddock.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I'll agree on Barrera-Hamed. Other than that, most fights by guys like Whitaker, Jones, Mayweather, even Leonard in their early days/prime are pretty one sided decisions. I could probably throw in Tyson's 5 decision wins, like the ones against Mich Green, Smith, Ruddock.

yes that is very true about whitaker and jones Mayweather and leonard for sure I can think of about ten Whitaker fights or more that fit the bill
                Haugen
                Ramerez1&2
                Nelson
                Cardona
                baby Jones
                Brazier
                Pineda
                among others the only distance fights in his prime that were not that way are close to being so
                some of the guys that gave him a fight were Pendleton paez and McGirt the first time around and to a lesser extent Chavez

Comment

Hopkins vs Tarver

Comment

Oh how can anyone forget Kalambay vs Mike McCallum? NoONE does that to McCallum. He was outclassed badly.

Comment

Mayweather Marquez and Guerrero
                      Jones telesco
                      Jones Johnson
                      Jones toney
                      Bhop- pavlik
                      Winky Trinidad
                      Ortiz Berto despite the knockdowns there wasn't anything Berto could do
                      Alexander maidana
                      PAC- Mosley
                      Whitaker huagen
                      Ali Terrell
                      Mayweather Mosley
                      PAC Margo
                      Toney Ruiz even tho he cheated
                      Jones Ruiz
                      Rigo donaire
                      Martinez Chavez jr
                      Ward Abraham
                      Froch Abraham
                      Williams wright
                      PAC Clottey
                      If I remember cintron vs angulo was pretty dominating too.

Alot in other words some might think these aren't as dominating as others but I do

Comment

Working...
                      X