Collapse
No announcement yet.

how good was Ike Ibeabuchi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following the byrd fight, ike imo was the top contender but still not ready for lewis. i agree that the tua fight was razor close, i disagree that ike ever rocked tua, tua rocked ike a couple times but ibeabuchi stayd focused n kept punching but imo ike was still a year away from showing he was capable of beating the likes of lennox

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
      following the byrd fight, ike imo was the top contender but still not ready for lewis. i agree that the tua fight was razor close, i disagree that ike ever rocked tua, tua rocked ike a couple times but ibeabuchi stayd focused n kept punching but imo ike was still a year away from showing he was capable of beating the likes of lennox
      Yeah I don't get why people are forgetting that the Tua fight was very close. I'll give Ike an A for potential, but he never fought anyone like Lennox Lewis and is destined to be overrated forever.

Comment

Cleaned the floor with byrd & won a close one over tua when he was a beast. Hard to say because i seen him loom lethargic vs lesser opposition...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          He was more impressive against a prime Chris Byrd than either of the Klitschkos. And he shook off Tua's best punches like nothing while hurting him several times.

I'd say he was pretty darn good. He would have been a force at the top of the HW division had he not gone crazy.
          He never hurt tua once. I actually think tua won...

Comment

You guys talk as if Tua was chop liver.

He is the Ron Lyle of the 90's, the best guy never to get the title. He was friggin awesome just on power and chin alone. I think Tua was better than 90's post-Ruddock Tyson who held a title at times. He decimated Ruiz in 19 seconds and also blew out Moorer. To say he is dangerous is a mild understatement.

Lennox put on a great show and picked him apart for a UD that was great but in all honesty Lennox is probably the greatest hw of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
              You guys talk as if Tua was chop liver.

He is the Ron Lyle of the 90's, the best guy never to get the title. He was friggin awesome just on power and chin alone. I think Tua was better than 90's post-Ruddock Tyson who held a title at times. He decimated Ruiz in 19 seconds and also blew out Moorer. To say he is dangerous is a mild understatement.

Lennox put on a great show and picked him apart for a UD that was great but in all honesty Lennox is probably the greatest hw of all time.
              Amen brother!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                He never hurt tua once. I actually think tua won...
                Well, it depends what you mean by hurt. Tua definitely looked rattled a few times.

Comment

They both rocked each other all night, both have great power, both have great chin it is just for every time Tua landed a punch, Ibeabuchi would return a combination of punches.

Great showing from Tua, fair close, but Ibeabuchi won convincing imo.

Comment

The most impressive thing to me about Ike was unless it was a very crushing blow from the likes of Tua he was throwing a combo right back and at that there was only a couple times Tua made him blink or back off

Comment

the potential to be the best ever very talented thunderous power in both hands a true force.

Comment

Working...
                      X