Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did roberto really knock down the horse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did roberto really knock down the horse?

I have heard this story from a few sources but it has been told in a few versions in his biography. Duran himself has corrected people saying it was not a knockout but a knockdown and or a donkey not a horse plus he broke his pinky in the process. Carlos Eleta claims to have seen it. Is this possible or just drunken folklore.

lol. yeah i also heard he did it as a kid. hard to believe.

Comment

No man is achieving that with just his hands. Especially not a lightweight

Horses have massive, thick skulls and necks. If you were capable of putting that amount of energy into a punch, you'd be breaking more than just your pinky.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        No man is achieving that with just his hands. Especially not a lightweight

Horses have massive, thick skulls and necks. If you were capable of putting that amount of energy into a punch, you'd be breaking more than just your pinky.
        My guess is, that Duran, known for his bravado, once joked of such a feat, which over the years, has gone from hearsay to conjecture..
        Although, i have heard from another source, that a horse can be isolated from a sharp blow to a spot just behind one of it's ears, but there's nothing factual on it, so if anyone knows...??

Comment

they dont call him hands of stone for nothing

Comment

He was said to have done this as a 14 year old, which leaves me to believe there is no way that this is true, unless the horse was newly born and was still getting used to walking and was knocked off balance. Still a nice little myth that adds to his character a bit, though.

Comment

I always thought the horse slipped. At most, it was a flash knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                I always thought the horse slipped. At most, it was a flash knockdown.
                But no doubt Harold Lederman arbitrarily scored it 10-8 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  But no doubt Harold Lederman arbitrarily scored it 10-8 anyway.
                  LMAO good stuff.

Comment

I don't know, I wasn't there... I take that tale with a grain of salt, as it could be nothing more than urban legend. If it did happen, however, can he still be prosecuted for cruelty to animals, or has the statute of limitations expired on that crime?

Comment

Working...
                    X