No announcement yet.

How bloody entertaining was Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bloody entertaining was Prince Naseem Hamed

I was just watching a Hamed fight and my new lady friend sat down next to me and started to watch with me and the first words out of her mouth with her So Cal ex valley girl accent was "No Way, Is That For real?!" then when the fight was over she asked if i had anymore of his fights.

It is a damn shame that man does no get his just due, because he was one of a kind, one hell of an entertainer, and one nasty little fighter (in a good way)

And your thoughts on the Prince?

Hahaha we were having a good night until she decided to get smart,
    She said "you used to box and i bet you cant do that"
    and i said "Of course not, if i could i would have a prettier girl sitting next to me" Hahahaha

Well it looks like its going to be a lonely night tonight, hahahahahaha

Comment

Most entertaining fighter of all time. The only one who was more exciting in the ring was Micky Ward, the only one who was more exciting outside the ring was Ali. Naz was the combination of both

Comment

The little terp only had 1 real live opponent his entire career...that being Barrera who kicked his ass for 12 rounds. Hamed kept trying to touch gloves and smiled at Barrera hoping he would go easy on him. Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          Hahaha we were having a good night until she decided to get smart,
          She said "you used to box and i bet you cant do that"
          and i said "Of course not, if i could i would have a prettier girl sitting next to me" Hahahaha

Well it looks like its going to be a lonely night tonight, hahahahahaha

Marc Antonio Barrera turnbuckle slam is my favourite part of Hamed's career.

Comment

Hamed was one of my favorites. Smaller fighters who are making good money fighting on HBO or Showtime owe him thanks. He beat over 10 former, current, or future champions. Losing a decision to a future hall of famer shouldn't ruin his career. It's only because of the biased US press that Hamed doesn't already have a spot in the HOF.

Comment

If degrading his carefully hand picked opponents in the ring is entertaining then thats good for you! If you degrade and disrespect someoine why fight them? Where is the accomplishment in degrading an opponent you think has no talent? He was another well protected fighter who "lived" on the "isle of protection" and took advantage of his situation to make a mockery out of a boxing event by bring side show entertainment with him. A clown who did have boxing talents & skills but his presentation was suited for the casual boxing fan who thinks boxing is a carnaval event anyways! Personally I thought he was a joke who faced good competition way beyond their prime!!
              Ray.

Comment

I hated him back in his prime! But u know damn well i tuned in to watch him! Complete entertainer, funny, unpredictable and capable of insane defensive moves and highlight reel type KO's!

Barrera taxed that ass though

Im not saying The Prince would have won that fight by any stretch but I think its worth noting anyone around at the time knows his preparation wasn't good at all for that one

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Marc Antonio Barrera turnbuckle slam is my favourite part of Hamed's career.
                  Mine too, I couldn't stand him. I just wished someone had been able to knock him out. The guy was a complete douchebag. I always found guys like Ali, SRL and Mayweather a lot more entertaining. Even Floyd doesn't get on my nerves as much as Hamed did.

Comment

Naz had huge potential but I don't find mocking hand picked,well below his standard fighters that he knew he could easily beat that had no chance entertaining. I found the Barrera fight entertaining because I knew his circus act would not hold up against a class act.
                    Naz's clown act was set up for one way traffic fighting people who had no chance and rubbing it in their face but you may notice after Barrera beat him the act pretty well stopped as the run out of bums and shot fighters had run it's course. A rematch with Barrera or a fight with Morales was next on the menu and in both cases he would have come up short and got exposed.

Comment

Working...
                    X