No announcement yet.

Would whitaker struggle with Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    So are people saying he beats him on the outside or beats him on the inside? Because I cant see pea running the whole fight, eventually hes gonna get smothered and to me I think it would be harder for him than mayweather at close range
    the only time he really ran was when he was show boating and clowning around. Back to your original question I think would struggle with Hatton............. Struggle to leave him standing after 4 rounds.

Comment

Whitaker outclasses Hatton over the distance and wins a wide UD. I think it'd be a great fight to watch with Sweet Pea making Hatton look a fool at times but constant action from the unrelenting pressure from the Hitman.

I cannot see Whitaker stopping Hatton though, it seems like everyone's views on Hatton's durability have been warped.

Comment

Hatton wins this fight.

Provided that the fight takes place in an outdoor arena and Whitaker gets struck by lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
          Hatton applied a lot of pressure and had quick movement around the ring? He gave mayweather a tough night, would whitaker struggle at all?
          absolutely not. Hatton is a good guy but this would be an embarassing whitewash.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Whitaker outclasses Hatton over the distance and wins a wide UD. I think it'd be a great fight to watch with Sweet Pea making Hatton look a fool at times but constant action from the unrelenting pressure from the Hitman.

I cannot see Whitaker stopping Hatton though, it seems like everyone's views on Hatton's durability have been warped.
            This is very true.

Newer fans only remember Hatton getting stopped by Mayweather and Pacquaio and seem to have this ridiculous idea that Hatton couldn't take a punch. Which is laughable.

I've even seen people say "If only Ricky had a chin like his brother"

Hatton's style relied on being able to take a good punch which he absolutey could in abundance in his prime.

Comment

faack no.

ricky had fast feet, but whitaker was way too slick. he'd literally be half way behind hatton all night. ricky's only chance would be to have a ref that literally never broke them apart. somebody out of the 1910's. and a 14 foot ring. he'd still get udied.

two classes of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                This is very true.

Newer fans only remember Hatton getting stopped by Mayweather and Pacquaio and seem to have this ridiculous idea that Hatton couldn't take a punch. Which is laughable.

I've even seen people say "If only Ricky had a chin like his brother"

Hatton's style relied on being able to take a good punch which he absolutey could in abundance in his prime.
                Im a big Hatton fan, guy was a class act. Hell he still is, Rabchenko knocked a guy cold last time out and Ricky was down helping the dude before he even went to congratulate his fighter!

I agree he took a good shot but i must say the Kostya Tszyu fight flattered him a bit, he was dropped by Eamon McGee and buzzed a couple of other times. I dont know if Ricky was just on another level the night he went up against The Thunder from down Under and would have walked through fire or if it was more a case of him managing to close the gap quick enough that Tszyu never quite got full extension on his shots which is where Kostya held his power. Ricky had a good chin though no doubt. I felt it was a touch over rated at one point but now its Clearly UNDER rated!

On the OP, Sweet Pea was a different class and would have made a fool outta Ricky im afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                  Whitaker would dominate Hatton.
                  yes I agree

Comment

Hatton is a club fighter who fed on cake in England! He would be brutally KO'd by Pete and it would look like the Pacman bout! Hatton is a tuff kid who got destroyed when he stepped up into the top tier, he was NEVER a top tier, high caliber fighter. His record was carefully made and he fought good fighters at the end of their careers. Ray Oliverias would have given him a 12 round beating in his prime, I knew Ray since he was 13 yrs old because he fought my son 3 or 4 times and was from Region One (R.I) theres a few others on Hattons record that were old and collecting the pennies when they fought him, they ALL went there!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

Im a big Hatton fan, guy was a class act. Hell he still is, Rabchenko knocked a guy cold last time out and Ricky was down helping the dude before he even went to congratulate his fighter!

I agree he took a good shot but i must say the Kostya Tszyu fight flattered him a bit, he was dropped by Eamon McGee and buzzed a couple of other times. I dont know if Ricky was just on another level the night he went up against The Thunder from down Under and would have walked through fire or if it was more a case of him managing to close the gap quick enough that Tszyu never quite got full extension on his shots which is where Kostya held his power. Ricky had a good chin though no doubt. I felt it was a touch over rated at one point but now its Clearly UNDER rated!

On the OP, Sweet Pea was a different class and would have made a fool outta Ricky im afraid
                      Ricky didn't have a great chin but he definitely had a good one and could take a good shot.

After the Tszyu fight he definitely seemed a little less resistant but still top tier. The Mayweather fight definitely took something out of him IMO. Both physically and mentally.

I met Ricky last year, seemed abit funny to be honest. He wasn't rude by any means but he seemed a little, I don't know, condesending which surprised me a little.

Speaking of which, I bumped into Tommy Hearns in Las Vegas last week and he was an absolute c*nt.

Comment

Working...
                      X