Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who goes through Pac's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh wait.... does this include the catchweights?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      NO ONE is beating Prime Barrera x2, Prime Morales, and JMM x4
      and no one has yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        How old was he when he stopped Ernesto Marcel? Cant check from my phone.

Marcel is HoF quality imo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Duran beat Marcel a month before he turned 19.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Duran beat Marcel a month before he turned 19.
          And that was at 118 if I recall correctly.

To respond to some of the posts in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            And that was at 118 if I recall correctly.

To respond to some of the posts in this thread.
            He beat Carlos Mendoza at 118, who I think became a bantamweight champ later on...can't remember. He beat Marcel at 126, when he was only 18 years old. That version of Marcel was as good as the versions of Morales, Barrera or Marquez that Pac fought, IMO. Considering he went on to beat Alexis Arguello, Sammy Serrano etc along with many others, win the lineal FW title, and retire an unbeaten champ, its pretty hard to dispute. Overall, not as accomplished, but was an incredible HOF level fighter. I think he may already be in the World Boxing HOF, and is already on the ballot for the IBHOF.

Anyway, I honestly don't see any way that the versions that fought Pac beat a young Duran at his best.

Comment

Alexis Arguello?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                He beat Carlos Mendoza at 118, who I think became a bantamweight champ later on...can't remember. He beat Marcel at 126, when he was only 18 years old. That version of Marcel was as good as the versions of Morales, Barrera or Marquez that Pac fought, IMO. Considering he went on to beat Alexis Arguello, Sammy Serrano etc along with many others, win the lineal FW title, and retire an unbeaten champ, its pretty hard to dispute. Overall, not as accomplished, but was an incredible HOF level fighter. I think he may already be in the World Boxing HOF, and is already on the ballot for the IBHOF.

Anyway, I honestly don't see any way that the versions that fought Pac beat a young Duran at his best.
                Duran's pretitle opposition is somewhat underrated. Panama had very good fighters in late sixties and early seventies. Having said that he did not have the polish that Arcel and Brown supplied.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Alexis Arguello?
                  not good enough and way too big

Comment

Note that today's day before weigh ins skew the numbers for the weight classes. The older lightweights actually weighed 135 on fight day. Guys like Pep would have no issue making 126 with the current day before weigh in scheme of dehydrating.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Pardon my noobishness but wasn't Marcel himself pretty green when they fought? Morales, MAB, JMM already made a name for themselves when they fought Pac

Comment

Working...
                      X