No announcement yet.

Can Berto pull a Bradley against Pacquiao in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    Wlad's chin, definitely. He can ship a good hard punch but it used to make him freeze and be open for another. Now it appears to shock him into a defensive mode (a very good one). He can ship accumulation as good as the next guy. Just like Ken Norton really.

Khan's chin also to a degree, but it seems to be deteriorating. I feel his ego and ring IQ is going to keep him from ever being truly elite. Bad technique all around.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Speaking of technique, what about Danny Garcia and those looping punches of his? Why can't the guy throw more jabs and crosses, or does he just throw the looping shots when he thinks he's got someone hurt? Either way, he should still throw more basic combos.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      I think Wlads chin is fine. Just his reaction to getting hit is the problem.

I get u. Kind of like the way Big Frank Bruno used to FREEZE after he ate a big shot. Bruno got stopped in all 5 of his losses but all 5 were against Big ****ers - Bone Crusher Smith, Tim Witherspoon, Tyson x2 and Lennox Lewis. None of them just Bowled him over like some glass jawed punchbag, he either got swamped by volume on the ropes or clubbed over and over till he sank. All happening after he froze on the first big shot. I personally just factor this into "chin" though.

Comment

Good comparison. The shots Lewis had to put on Bruno to finally get him out of there were nightmare material.

You could factor that under chin, but that leads to some assumptions that a stiff breeze could KO the de facto heavyweight champion. When it has actually taken repeated flush bombs.

Even still, Wlad was always stopped on his feet. I dont think his punch resistance should be in question. Punch response?

Comment

Working...
        X