No announcement yet.

Circus events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circus events

I had no idea there were some crazy events like Oscar vs shaq and muhamad ali vs a wrestler are there any other great crazy events in boxing?

All those type of things suck, they sound good but suck. None more so than Ali vs that wrestler - so boring!

Comment

CIrcus time

Foreman once fought 5 fights in one afternoon against 5 different
      opponents. I seem to remember it was in the afternoon.

If this didn't happen, I've completely lost my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        Foreman once fought 5 fights in one afternoon against 5 different
        opponents. I seem to remember it was in the afternoon.

If this didn't happen, I've completely lost my mind.
        It did, The Toronto Five. Very weird stuff.

Ali was ringside getting at George. Im sure Foreman was rolling around fighting one of the guys after the bell too

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          It did, The Toronto Five. Very weird stuff.

Ali was ringside getting at George. Im sure Foreman was rolling around fighting one of the guys after the bell too
          I watched that farce live on ABC TV. Foreman started tiring around the 3rd fight, and it became nearly unwatchable. It's no coincidence that nobody has done that since.

Comment

Ali vs. Antonio Inoki was worse IMO. A bad side show act.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Ali vs. Antonio Inoki was worse IMO. A bad side show act.
              I'm not going to argue with that. That "event" seemed like it lasted for hours. Just painful to sit through.

Comment

Duran did one of those too from memory. A fight vs a Japanese wrestler. It looks fake but it also seems like there are some parts that are real. Hard to tell properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I watched that farce live on ABC TV. Foreman started tiring around the 3rd fight, and it became nearly unwatchable. It's no coincidence that nobody has done that since.
                  Are these real fights? Did they count on Foreman's record?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I'm not going to argue with that. That "event" seemed like it lasted for hours. Just painful to sit through.
                    I've read that was because it couldn't be agreed upon if the fight would be scripted or not and what would be allowed, as in Ali's camp didn't want to allow too much grappling or kicking, so Inoki was left to just drop down and throw leg kicks as Ali. Seems like a breakdown in communication there. If done right, it could've been like Mayweather vs. Big Show or Rocky vs. Thunderlips.

Comment

Working...
                    X