• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
    Easily roberto duran. Silly question really
    over-rated

[IMG]http://www.antekprizering.com/hearnsduranstubles****.jpeg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
      I changed my mind. IMO Armstrong is the best lightweight ever.

1. Henry Armstrong
      2. Joe Gans
      3. Roberto Duran
      4. Benny Leonard
      5. Ike Williams
      Looks very good, Butterfly, and I take it that you're ranking here was compiled under the same criteria you rank heavyweights, which makes it a largely head-to-head type of ranking?

If so, what's your thoughts on how a Henry Armstrong/Ike Williams fight plays out?

That fight there is probably my favourite mythical matchup from this division and I always found it a tough one to handicap.

Comment

Roberto Duran
        Henry Armstrong
        Ike Williams

Comment

It's one of these guys:

Benny Leonard
          Joe Gans
          Henry Armstrong
          Ike Williams

or

Roberto Duran, of course.

Can't think of anyone else in their league.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
            over-rated

Duran fought Hearns 20 pounds north of Lightweight. We are talking about lightweights here, not greatest junior middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Topic View Post
              Duran fought Hearns 20 pounds north of Lightweight. We are talking about lightweights here, not greatest junior middleweights.
              Pay no attention to him. He's biased as hell against Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                Looks very good, Butterfly, and I take it that you're ranking here was compiled under the same criteria you rank heavyweights, which makes it a largely head-to-head type of ranking?

If so, what's your thoughts on how a Henry Armstrong/Ike Williams fight plays out?

That fight there is probably my favourite mythical matchup from this division and I always found it a tough one to handicap.
                I suppose Williams will box and move, but Armstrong would eventually wear him down and take him out in the later rounds. It would go something like Marciano-Charles or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                  Ike Williams vs. Beau Jack, in one of the most brutal finishes to a fight that I've ever seen;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idjG3tyEiNc
                  No thanks to the ref. Just brutal. Ike Williams was a beautiful fighter. Great movement with excellent two fisted accuracy and power. One of those rare top notch boxer/punchers.

Love the successive left hooks that starts the onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Topic View Post
                    don't change this:

OVER-RATED

Comment

As highly as a rate a lot of lightweights such as Duran, Leonard, Armstrong, Canzo, etc...I'd favor my boy Pete Whitaker in a head to head matchups over all of these fellas.

What say you about that?

Comment

Working...
                      X